By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter: Microsoft Has An Inferiority Complex Right Now

"I don’t know if it matters to Microsoft if there in second place. I think it matters to them if they sell 20 million units fewer than they should," commented Pachter.

"Somebody is going to win and somebody is going to lose. If the winner and loser was 100 million vs 90 million I don't think anybody cares.

"But if its 100 million vs  50 million I think Microsoft cares, because they know if there are 150 million consoles sold, they should at least have made a valiant effort to capture half of that.

"I think that's the problem with being second and I think Microsoft has an inferiority complex right now that they're so far behind.

"They’re behind in the US, which never happened before, they didn't expect that at all."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/551319/Michael-Pachter-talks-PS4-Pro-Scorpio-Xbox-One-S-Microsoft-s-inferiority-complex

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I say good. Mattrick nearly killed the brand.

They are doing so much better now. I don't think they would have nearly as many consumer friendly practices and prices if they were still under Mattrick.

Don't listen to Pachter. Just don't.

Probably one of the best things ive read from Pachter! And I agree!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

That means Microsoft doesn't have an inferiority complex guys, remember the Pachter Inverse Theory.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

"I don’t know if it matters to Microsoft if there in second place. I think it matters to them if they sell 20 million units fewer than they should," commented Pachter.

"Somebody is going to win and somebody is going to lose. If the winner and loser was 100 million vs 90 million I don't think anybody cares.

"But if its 100 million vs  50 million I think Microsoft cares, because they know if there are 150 million consoles sold, they should at least have made a valiant effort to capture half of that.

"I think that's the problem with being second and I think Microsoft has an inferiority complex right now that they're so far behind.

"They’re behind in the US, which never happened before, they didn't expect that at all."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/551319/Michael-Pachter-talks-PS4-Pro-Scorpio-Xbox-One-S-Microsoft-s-inferiority-complex

It absolutely did happen before. MS was batting .500 in this regard before this gen started. Of course, we all know this. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

O shit, next Phil Spencer interview will be interesting.

They may have that, provided that they're hiding xbox one sales ( just like sony does with psv, albeit the comparison isn't much right, for obvious reasons ) , while they're good or something more than good, because they're a lot lower than its rival!

And then you have the vocal and courageous Nintendo! All sales data disclosed and not caring about that the prematurely complete abandonment of its home console will lead it to not sell to its full potential ( 18-20m with no price drop ) which would be seemed better than the horrendous 14-15m...

Ka-pi96 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Didn`t PS2 beat the Xbox in the US?

Is that even a question?

You're comment should be like that : What? PS2 beat XBOX for a very huge margin!

:)

Pachter does say some shit and the PS2 beat the XB1 but he is right about the inferiority complex. Nobody can deny that.