By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Direct Feed Games: NX Is 3-4x The Wii U, Nvidia Pascal Tegra GPU

Metroid33slayer said:
bunchanumbers said:

Wii, DS, and 3DS are all different eras. Wii was during the SD TV era for crying out loud. Power matters now. Parents will just as easily hand their kids their cell phone than give shell out hundreds for this.

The only reason this should exist is if they are trying to sell NX for $99-149.

Wii was most definately in the hd era. You just straight up lied. Wii's lifespan was between 2006 - 2012, HD started around 2005.

I'm pretty sure HD started before 2005. But SDTVs were still considered the standard. Its why Nintendo said they made Wii a SD console.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
JRPGfan said:

Wii U is 176 Gflops.

PS4 is 1840 Gflops (aka 1.84 Teraflops)

So theres about a 10 times differnce in flops.

If you take into account, the newer and more effecient design, its well over 10 times the power of a Wii U.

Flops arnt just flops.

Regardless of the WiiU's internal specifics (many of which we still aren't 100% certain about), the standard PS4 isn't 10+ times stronger. It doesn't even present that kind of jump over the PS3/360, and the WiiU has shown itself to be more capable than both (when its hardware is used properly, anyway).

Don't get me wrong, the WiiU is a very low-spec system, and even a system as described in the OT would fall short of the standard PS4, but the gap between the standard PS4 and WiiU is likely closer to 5 times than 10+.

Because?

Lrdfancypants said:
Miyamotoo said:

Relly, and why that people didnt buy PS3 at launch!?

Buy time MK8 arrived Wii U was already dead and couldn't be saved like 3DS for instance.

You are unrealistic, 3DS is selling currently around $150 and last month was best selling console in US, and you expeting that new console that will be handheld and home console in one need to have price of $99-$149!? Probably that's not impossible to do if you don't have loss of $100-150.

Again you are talking only about hardware power, and power is not so importan if you offering something difrent (Wii, DS and 3DS are great examples of this), this thing is not competing with PS4/XB1 with power that's point.

You have PS4/XB1/PS4Pro/Scorpio, in middle of generation Nintendo cant really release something similar and expect that will sell, probably would sold less than Wii U, that why they trying something difrent than PS4/XB1/PS4Pro/Scorpio and thats good thing.

Loss of $100-150???  Wait, what is in this thing to make it a $300 price tag???  Serious question.  It looks to be a tablet with mobile processor and old screen.  What on earth makes it $300?

3DS is currently around $150, this will be handheld and home console in one, I expecting price $249-299.

Metroid33slayer said:
JRPGfan said:

Wii U is 176 Gflops.

If you take into account, the newer and more effecient design, its well over 10 times the power of a Wii U.

Flops arnt just flops.

Wii U is 352 Gflops, get it right.

They have had this discussion on Neogaf for along time.

Im not sure how the 350+ gflop number got out to the masses but its apparently wrong.

And people love to spread mis information.

The current believed to be true number is actually 176 Gflops for the Wii U.

Read this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175838

basically this:

"Rv770 has 180 lots of 5 shaders giving a total of 900 shaders of which only 800 were enabled on the full fat die as the other 100 were spares to increase yields."

"the latte die, appears to have 32 lots of 5 shaders which is 160 cores meaning 176 GLOPS is the correct answer."

Miyamotoo said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Loss of $100-150???  Wait, what is in this thing to make it a $300 price tag???  Serious question.  It looks to be a tablet with mobile processor and old screen.  What on earth makes it $300?

3DS is currently around $150, this will be handheld and home console in one, I expecting price $249-299.

I seriously think they need to come in lower than that. 

That's a hard sell when the buzzwords will be tablet, 720p and tegra.  Just my opinion. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

-snip-

So what if NX failes, they have tons of money they will just try again. Saying that, nothing tells it will fail, they aiming mass appealing with affordable price, and they merged they software units.

Nintendo is a business, not a hobby group. They're not going to indefinitely throw money at their console business if it doesn't achieve the results they want. I have no idea how the NX will do, and even if it does fail they may very well try again, but every time one of their consoles fails it pushes them further towards alternatives. Hell, if the NX is a hybrid, it's already an alternative. Do you really believe that if the NX fails, which would likely drain a significant chunk of that 'tons of money' every year, that they'd just me like "meh, so what?".

bunchanumbers said:
Miyamotoo said:

Relly, and why that people didnt buy PS3 at launch!?

Buy time MK8 arrived Wii U was already dead and couldn't be saved like 3DS for instance.

You are unrealistic, 3DS is selling currently around $150 and last month was best selling console in US, and you expeting that new console that will be handheld and home console in one need to have price of $99-$149!? Probably that's not impossible to do if you don't have loss of $100-150.

Again you are talking only about hardware power, and power is not so importan if you offering something difrent (Wii, DS and 3DS are great examples of this), this thing is not competing with PS4/XB1 with power that's point.

You have PS4/XB1/PS4Pro/Scorpio, in middle of generation Nintendo cant really release something similar and expect that will sell, probably would sold less than Wii U, that why they trying something difrent than PS4/XB1/PS4Pro/Scorpio and thats good thing.

You can look to a previous post I did in this thread as to why PS3 didn't sell.

As for the price? Yes. I think that I'm being realistic. You realize that the concept of handheld/console hybrid is really just a HDMI plug? A hybrid isn't a big new concept. It was done during the PSP days. Which is also why I'm saying it needs to be that cheap. Nothing NX (rumored) is showing anything new. Its just a tablet with a HDMI plug on it, or it goes to a dock with a HDMI plug on it. There's nothing ground breaking.

And I talk power because Nintendo needs more than Nintendo to make games for this. Power ensures that they get all future PS4 and Xbox One 3rd party games. That is important because this means less droughts, a better library, and less pressure on Nintendo.

I anwered already..

No you are totally unrealistic: 3DS is curently around $150, Vita is around $200, PS3/Xbo360 are around $150, 3DS is currently around $150e, Vita is around $200, PS3/Xbo360 around $150, and you expecting that new console that will be basically be handheld and home console in same time will have price point $99-149!? Not just that 3DS is $150 but NX is around 3x stronger than Wii U, Thats just crazy talk, not realistick.

PSP was what are you talking, handheld with just connection on TV where you getting half of picture of exactly same thing on TV. When we talking about NX we are talking about real hybrid of handheld and home console, that acts like real handheld and like real home console, you cant say that for PSP. For instance is rumoured that base unit will gave more power to NX in order to run 1080p resolution on TV while 720p on handheld screen, also you can play local multiplayer just ditch controllers from NX handheld unit, so basicly like real handheld and like real home console, like you having 3DS and Wii U just you dont need to buy and pay seperate for 3DS and Wii U, you will have all in one package.

Power doesn't ensures 3rd party ports, power ensures better chances for 3rd party ports, but even if there is no power on pair with PS4/XB1 NX will still get some ports if NX supports all PS4/XB1 graphic techs (and rumours saying it does).

Metroid33slayer said:
JRPGfan said:

Wii U is 176 Gflops.

Flops arnt just flops.

its 176GF

160ALU /176GF

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/wii-u-hardware-discussion-and-investigation-rename.51528/page-250#post-1582826

vivster said:

So if AMD FLOPS are comparable with Nvidia FLOPS it's still below X1. So basically what everyone was expecting.

But they aren't, Nvidia is supossed to be more powerful with the same flops when it comes to gaming.

JRPGfan said:
Metroid33slayer said:

They have had this discussion on Neogaf for along time.

Im not sure how the 350+ gflop number got out to the masses but its apparently wrong.

And people love to spread mis information.

The current believed to be true number is actually 176 Gflops for the Wii U.

Read this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175838

Well pretty much every gaming site says 352, have you seen the size of its gpu. There's no way it could be less than an xb360 /ps3.