By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17

Great ending to the ppv though, like fast lane, we know nothing major will happen. Really enjoyed the men's chamber match.

Also, anyone watching WOW Women of Wrestling? It's a guilty pleasure but has had some decent matches. It makes me hungry for a weekly WWE women's program.

Around the Network

That crowd was electrifying!

It might not have been the best show from a critical standpoint, given the number of filler matches - but these are the first two Elimination Chamber matches that didn't feel like "Oh, that convoluted gimmick cage match again." - granted, I only saw the first few (maybe only 2, as many as there were up to the Benoit death) and then the 2018 and 2019 events; there may have been good ones during the 10 years I didn't watch.

What a moment it would have been had Kofi won the chamber match? It would remind everyone that anything can happen in WWE, and it would have been a great time to do it. Although, I understand that there's a great opportunity to put that match on Wrestlemania 35.

Mustafa Ali is upset. Basically, he had that eye injury that will have him out a few weeks - and Kofi essentially got booked into his place, and seems to have won over the "WWE universe" in a really spectacular way. Considering Ali is so new to the main roster, and Kofi is one of the longest-running guys, I can't see the fire from the fans being as close. Kofi built his cred for over a decade in WWE: who doesn't love this kind of story? In my opinion, Ali will have plenty more opportunities, he's a great wrestler, he's younger than Kofi at age 32, but has actually had a longer career since he's been in the indies since his teen years. At age 37 and an 11-12 year long WWE career, Kofi has a generation's worth of goodwill, and has made it to the top level.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 18 February 2019

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

BREAKING: Roman Reigns to appear on RAW with an announcement regarding his cancer treatment.

EDIT: Seriously impossible to not get the feels watching that. The expression on his face when he first stepped back out to the ovation - experiencing that again. Going down the aisle, high-fives, hugs, and handshakes, then when he gets to the end... goes BACK down the ramp to get the other side of the crowd. Then around the crowd, and into the ring for the ovation about 5-6 minutes later.

He carried himself like the sort of hero that people can live their hopes and dreams vicariously through. And that is what pro-wrestling is all about.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 26 February 2019

My favourite moment from RAW this Wrestlemania season.

The only thing that could have made this better is if the slap to the ref was a backhand =P

The baddest bitch Rousey is 20 times more entertaining than her preachy "what it means to be a champion" babyface Ronda.

At first I was all for Becky winning the title, but now I kind of want to see Ronda just murder both her and Charlotte.

This one was even better =)

Around the Network

So how about Smackdown last night? It was electrifying! Best feel good moment I can remember.
Maybe Kofi shouldn't have relied on his friends to get him to the show but I don't care. I was cheering!

But poor Asuka. 😢

Asuka is one of the few reasons I watch WWE. To have her screwed 12 days before Wrestlemania is heartbreaking.

d21lewis said:
So how about Smackdown last night? It was electrifying! Best feel good moment I can remember.
Maybe Kofi shouldn't have relied on his friends to get him to the show but I don't care. I was cheering!

Rely? He went through a gauntlet match on his own ONLY to be screwed at the last minute...(yes I'm pretending it's real). 

I'm pretty sure his new day companions understand that. 

My job has required overtime and they put the roster out last night. Guess who has to work during Mania? 😢

One of the best parts if the job was only working 15 or so days a month. Feels like I live at that place, lately. Looking forward to the event only to have to rely on YouTube recaps (because try as I might, there's no way I can avoid spoilers).