By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
Jumpin said:

Well, that unmasking on RAW was a bit of a tribute to past cults. Kevin Sullivan and Raven tribute by one of the guys.

Cults used to be a common stable gimmick, with The Jackyl and the Truth Commission, the Brood, and the Ministry, just in the WWE Attitude era.

WWE has multiple groups with a cult-like gimmick going right now.

The Wyatt Sicks are pretty much a reincarnation of The Wyatt Family which is basically a cult group lol.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Jumpin said:

Well, that unmasking on RAW was a bit of a tribute to past cults. Kevin Sullivan and Raven tribute by one of the guys.

Cults used to be a common stable gimmick, with The Jackyl and the Truth Commission, the Brood, and the Ministry, just in the WWE Attitude era.

WWE has multiple groups with a cult-like gimmick going right now.

The Wyatt Sicks are pretty much a reincarnation of The Wyatt Family which is basically a cult group lol.

Yeah, they’re the most recent.

Speaking of them, I wonder if Alexa Bliss is member Six? Or if they’re considering a different direction?

The Final Testament is currently doing a bit of a “cult building” angle right now. They’ve kinda been in the background, I’m wondering what’s next for them, I’m guessing they’ll be absorbing Xavier Woods until The New Day recovers.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JWeinCom said:

Summerslam Card so far is an odd one.

For the first time in as long as I can remember every match on the card is a singles match. Even more strange is that, as of now, there really aren't any matches with any stipulations, except the Drew Seth one which has a guest ref.

Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but interesting, at least to me. Of course, there are still 5 hours of WWETV between now and then, so it wouldn't be shocking to see some stiplulations or matches added. Still hoping they'll make Rhea and Liv a match for custody of Dominic.

I think the real funny thing about Summerslam is that there are 7 matches, 6 of those are title matches, the main event is the only non-title match.

And speaking of Punk, I wonder what’s next for him after this feud? I hope it’s not Seth, though. Seth, in this feud, reminds me of Michaels during the Benoit Triple H feud, it has me thinking “Why the fuck are you here?” - Drew and Punk have this one on their own. And I don’t think a Seth vs Punk or a Seth vs Drew feud would be interesting. What it looks to me is that Seth will take the title off Priest (assuming Gunther loses) and then the feud (probably Punk or Drew) faces him at Wrestlemania - that’s where the writing is leading, but I’m not too interested in that. I’d rather see a blood bath between Gunther and Punk at Wrestlemania, the old veteran against the bigger, stronger, faster champion - it’s the age old always gold story told.

Also, will Punk become involved with one of the factions? The Bloodline or Judgment Day? That could be interesting.

Jumpin said:
JWeinCom said:

Summerslam Card so far is an odd one.

For the first time in as long as I can remember every match on the card is a singles match. Even more strange is that, as of now, there really aren't any matches with any stipulations, except the Drew Seth one which has a guest ref.

Not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, but interesting, at least to me. Of course, there are still 5 hours of WWETV between now and then, so it wouldn't be shocking to see some stiplulations or matches added. Still hoping they'll make Rhea and Liv a match for custody of Dominic.

I think the real funny thing about Summerslam is that there are 7 matches, 6 of those are title matches, the main event is the only non-title match.

And speaking of Punk, I wonder what’s next for him after this feud? I hope it’s not Seth, though. Seth, in this feud, reminds me of Michaels during the Benoit Triple H feud, it has me thinking “Why the fuck are you here?” - Drew and Punk have this one on their own. And I don’t think a Seth vs Punk or a Seth vs Drew feud would be interesting. What it looks to me is that Seth will take the title off Priest (assuming Gunther loses) and then the feud (probably Punk or Drew) faces him at Wrestlemania - that’s where the writing is leading, but I’m not too interested in that. I’d rather see a blood bath between Gunther and Punk at Wrestlemania, the old veteran against the bigger, stronger, faster champion - it’s the age old always gold story told.

Also, will Punk become involved with one of the factions? The Bloodline or Judgment Day? That could be interesting.

I think Rhodes/Solo will be the main event. Mcyntyre Punk makes more sense UNLESS Roman is going to return, which I think he will. Especially if Punk is going to lose, which I think he will, then that's not the best note to end Summerslam on. 

I'm pretty sure Gunther beats Priest for the title, probably with the Judgment day fucking him over. They need a heel champion, especially if Cody's Reign is going to last a while longer, and Priest honestly just hasn't been clicking as champion. I think Seth vs Punk will be fine. I think they'll want to hold off on a Punk/Mcyntyre rematch, so having him focus on Seth for a little bit while Drew ducks him could be a good way to work that out. 

Don't see Punk involved in the Judgment Day or Bloodline in the near future. Unless Paul Heyman comes to seek revenge on Solo by uniting having Reigns Lesnar and Punk form a super band. The Paul Heyman guys XD.

Watching Smackdown, and I’ll just say I’ve heard of finishing moves, but Jacob Fatu does five finishing moves in a row instead :)
I have a feeling, Wrestlemania 45 features Jacob Fatu in the main event. Maybe sooner.

Around the Network

I don't know if they've done this before, but if so I can't recall it. The way they're integrating the live performance into the video intro is pretty cool.

Idk what the opposite of job face is, but Liv has it. Maybe she's just great at faking it, but the look on her face makes me think she's winning this.

First time I think they've acknowledged the custody for Dominic on WWE TV O_O XD

Liv vs Rhea was so god damn sports entertainment. It was ridiculous in all the right ways. Just such a fun story. Ring work was as good as it needed to be for this. 

***3/4 out of 5

Oooooh Priest looks pissed. He needs to do that more often. That man is losing his title tonight and getting kicked out of the judgment day XD

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 03 August 2024

That was quite the match and ending :D

There was one point where the crowd seemed to explode - when Rhea kicked out.

Breaker vs Sami was... meh. Glorified squash match really. Which was probably the right call, but still not super exciting to watch. **

As much as I want to hate Logan Paul for being a garbage human being god damn is he good. He seriously might be the best heel in the business. Yes, that includes MJF and Gunther. The springboard backflip was insane. The right guy went over. Probably LA Knight's best match on the main roster. ****1/4

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 03 August 2024

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY THINK I WANT TO SEE OTIS SHAVING HIS FUCKING STOMACH!!! SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK?! WHY?! WHO WAS THAT FOR?! WHO WANTED THAT?! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! LMFAO!

I'm high, so I was sitting here laughing with everyone over it.
Logan Paul is an asshole because it draws a lot of negative press, and then he gains a lot of positive contrarian/curiosity attention.
Nia Jax reminds me of:

You know, except Samoan size.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 03 August 2024