By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
BasilZero said:

So with Jey Uso on Raw, Cody's obviously the one who will be going to Smackdown.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2MslK-rhifk

I wonder how well the roster will do with two shows for AEW - since Collision was suppose to be more on CM Punk and his choosing of which superstars.

Seems most likely... Needs to be someone big, and seems like a babyface. Can't be Sami or KO since they're tag champs and can technically be on either show I think. Obviously won't be Seth. Not a lot of other options. Maybe Mcyntyre? Dude definitely needs a refresh.

But, it's kind of hard to care. If they want the brand split to mean something, they have to be consistent with it. Pretty much anyone can show up on any show when they want to. 

I don't think they should do that on Collision. It never really made sense beyond keeping the Elite and Punk separate. It's still a relatively new company, and you need to build the AEW brand before you can build each show as its own brand. Particularly since they already have ROH as its own thing sort of. 

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Seems most likely... Needs to be someone big, and seems like a babyface. Can't be Sami or KO since they're tag champs and can technically be on either show I think. Obviously won't be Seth. Not a lot of other options. Maybe Mcyntyre? Dude definitely needs a refresh.

But, it's kind of hard to care. If they want the brand split to mean something, they have to be consistent with it. Pretty much anyone can show up on any show when they want to. 

I don't think they should do that on Collision. It never really made sense beyond keeping the Elite and Punk separate. It's still a relatively new company, and you need to build the AEW brand before you can build each show as its own brand. Particularly since they already have ROH as its own thing sort of. 

Huh?

Sami/KO arent the tag champs - Balor and Priest are lol

KO I think is injured so its likely we'll see a pairing between Sami and Jey - and when KO returns, there will be a feud.

Mcintyre needs a refresh for sure but to get thrown back against the Bloodline when they pretty much killed his run doesnt make sense lol

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

Huh?

Sami/KO arent the tag champs - Balor and Priest are lol

KO I think is injured so its likely we'll see a pairing between Sami and Jey - and when KO returns, there will be a feud.

Mcintyre needs a refresh for sure but to get thrown back against the Bloodline when they pretty much killed his run doesnt make sense lol

Oh right. I forgot. Just happened a couple of days ago. 

Seems like they're building to Judgment Day vs Sami and Co. at Survivor series, assuming they're going to do war games again. Wonder if they'll have Rhea in the match.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 06 September 2023

NXT was up about 180,000 from last week with Becky Lynch on. #needlemover

Jade Cargill from AEW is rumored to be WWE bound - I wonder what happened if the rumors are true.

This would make her the 2nd AEW star to jump ship to WWE (if this rumor is true).

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1393902/jade-cargill-reportedly-leaving-aew-wwe-may-already-wrestled-last-aew-match/

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Jade Cargill from AEW is rumored to be WWE bound - I wonder what happened if the rumors are true.

This would make her the 2nd AEW star to jump ship to WWE (if this rumor is true).

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1393902/jade-cargill-reportedly-leaving-aew-wwe-may-already-wrestled-last-aew-match/

Could be a good move for her. Tony Khan has boasted about not having a performance center, but Jade really needs one. I think in her winning streak she had something like 60 matches, and that's just not enough reps for her to get good. To be fair, I haven't seen her wrestle in probably about a year, but when she did, it was kind of rough. They could put her in the new hurt business in more of a managerial role and have her work matches in NXT in the meantime. Hopefully she'll put over Statlander for real before she goes.

JWeinCom said:

Could be a good move for her. Tony Khan has boasted about not having a performance center, but Jade really needs one. I think in her winning streak she had something like 60 matches, and that's just not enough reps for her to get good. To be fair, I haven't seen her wrestle in probably about a year, but when she did, it was kind of rough. They could put her in the new hurt business in more of a managerial role and have her work matches in NXT in the meantime. Hopefully she'll put over Statlander for real before she goes.

She did - her last match was with Statlander in the last show and she lost clean to her.

BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

She did - her last match was with Statlander in the last show and she lost clean to her.

That's good. Statlander is a way better talent at this point anyways.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 16 September 2023

Doing commentary for an MMA event CM Punk said he had some free time over the next two months...

Hmmmmm... I wonder if something is happening in two months. In Chicago...

JWeinCom said:

Doing commentary for an MMA event CM Punk said he had some free time over the next two months...

Hmmmmm... I wonder if something is happening in two months. In Chicago...

Survivor Series!

(I'm sure he's just trolling though).