By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4Pro: Secret Sauce Confirmed

KBG29 said:
Turkish said:
Sony once again at the top of cutting edge technology. If these guys were GPU vendors they'd leave everyone in the dust, we'd have Titan X performance for half the cost.

Yepp, no doubt about it. If Sony can get PlayStation sales to iPhone levels, we will see a massive leap across all technologys.

That is why it is such a shame that PS3 was so misunderstood. Ken Kutaragi had a vision to use Cell across all Sony devices, and unite all Sony devices on the same OS. Had PS3 been a success Sony would be years ahead of every other hardware and software company.

There is still a potential to get things rolling, Kaz is doing his best to roll Sony under PlayStation and unite everything. So, again, if PS4 succeeds, and the Pro and PSVR can expand the market, then maybe we can see the pace of tech and innovation start to accelerate at a rate we have never seen before.

It's a shame it was so mis-focused in the beginning, and mis-designed in general. Going with a more conventional CPU and a stronger GPU (plus, better memory arrangement) would have saved the PS3 years of performance issues.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

You hetro? How could you miss that? I've never been so attracted to pixels before...watch again!

I'm too tranfixed by her pendulate hips too notice anything else.

The PS5 Exists. 

John2290 said:

They all conect man. They all conect. I can't wait to see what's under all those feathers and furs and when her naval is finally revealed I think I'll spunk my pants.

I think we've turned a corner here. Let's stop while we're ahead.

The PS5 Exists. 

This isn't a "secret sauce".

It was never even really a secret to begin with.

The fact that the Playstation 4 Pro has superior FP16 performance over the regular Playstation 4 was almost a given as the Pro uses a more modern revision of Graphics Core Next (Or at-least an older GCN design with modern underpinnings) which the last few GCN generations... There has been a stronger emphasis on FP16 performance.
Sony just took advantage of that.

However... Just so we are clear, it's less precise. It's not going to be able to be used for everything, don't expect it to solve all of the Playstation 4's lack of 4k problems. It won't.

Okay. Next Rumor please.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Wow. Certainly did not expect this. I know it's an indie title but still the visuals are impressive enough. This isn't Fez we are talking about. Will be definitely interesting to find out the other improvements to the hardware. The Scorpio/Pro battle just heated up.

Around the Network

We all love a bit of secret gravy! 

I bet it's ranch. Ranch dressing goes good with everything.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Here comes the evangelism. All praise Mother Sony for an AMD feature that surely fans will make out to be some Sony master sauce creation.

The real question is how useful it would be seeing memory bandwidth and other areas of the system hasn't changed much And You Are ultimately shader limited. Not much . No, this doesn't the GPU twice as powerful.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

globalisateur said:
It's a feature also available on the RX 480

Isn't the RX480 a Polaris line GPU?

Mafioso said:

Here comes the evangelism. All praise Mother Sony for an AMD feature that surely fans will make out to be some Sony master sauce creation.

The real question is how useful it would be seeing memory bandwidth and other areas of the system hasn't changed much And You Are ultimately shader limited. Not much . No, this doesn't the GPU twice as powerful.

Seriously, what is the problem? I don't see anyone saying this makes the PS4pro GPU twice as powerful. It seems to me that ANY positive PS4 news upsets a certain demographic on this site.

moderated for this post as well as other posts in this thread. - Axum

The PS5 Exists.