By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#20 PSVR Headset (same)
#26 PS4 Pro (same)*
#42 PSVR Launch Bundle (up 1)
#47 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 1)
#57 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#63 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (same)
#66 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 8)
#87 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (down 8)
#100 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 1)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#04 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#05 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#32 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (up 2)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

FFXV is doing quite well given the amount of time until it releases, its at #35 right now and rising everyday. Could be a big game for the PS4 in the US, exciting, especially because of those awesome previews. Also, I made a comment yesterday that Titanfall on PS4 needs to start moving, and today it is in fact moving, and pretty fast. I think it jumped about 10 places overnight.

Edit: Red Dead 2 PS4 is at #52 and is holding steady, the xbox version is out of the top 100, so RDR2 will be a big game for playstation just like GTA V was

6 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#17 PSVR Headset (up 3)
#26 PS4 Pro (same)*
#41 PSVR Launch Bundle (up 1)
#51 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 4)
#56 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#60 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 6)
#67 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (down 4)
#98 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (down 11)

#31 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (up 1)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

My theory about PS VR seems to be right so far. I told people that PS VR being less powerful will be less of an issue compared to the pricing of the other two major VR products. And it's showing since PS VR seems to be selling well whereas the other two have all but halted in sales.

People need to wake up and understand that being the most powerful product is NOT ALWAYS viable if the people aren't willing to pay the high price tags associated with it.

To be honest, PS VR might (I didn't say will). Actually help Vive and Oculus in the long run since it may make people interested in the two higher quality vr machines.

In electronics, I have a saying: "The best ability is affordability".

So, the Switch. Could easily see it doing better than the 3DS and obviously the Wii U. Great trailer, definitely something Americans would like, Pokemon will sell it big time, and so will Mario and Splatoon will as well. They got the third parties on board, I'm expecting a very healthy console market in the coming years with PS4 continuing to go strong, the Xbox One doing better than it has done in recent years and the Switch which should be a very healthy system

Around the Network
bluedawgs said:
So, the Switch. Could easily see it doing better than the 3DS and obviously the Wii U. Great trailer, definitely something Americans would like, Pokemon will sell it big time, and so will Mario and Splatoon will as well. They got the third parties on board, I'm expecting a very healthy console market in the coming years with PS4 continuing to go strong, the Xbox One doing better than it has done in recent years and the Switch which should be a very healthy system

I agree but it's impossible to tell without knowledge of the price and such. 

Huge for Sony https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/20/red-dead-redemption-2-playstation-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/
You can bet your money that when Microsoft comes with the Scorpio next year, Sony will possibly drop the PS4Pro's price and will have a RDR2 bundle.

List of possible Sony partnerships for next year:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. Call of Duty 2017
  3. Destiny 2
  4. Battlefront 2 (Sony seems to have a lock on everything Star Wars)
  5. Assassin's Creed 2017 (Sony and Ubisoft almost always have a partnership when it comes to Assassin's Creed, only exception is Unity I think)

PS4 Fools edition has entered the yearly chart lol.

poklane said:

Huge for Sony https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/20/red-dead-redemption-2-playstation-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/
You can bet your money that when Microsoft comes with the Scorpio next year, Sony will possibly drop the PS4Pro's price and will have a RDR2 bundle.

List of possible Sony partnerships for next year:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. Call of Duty 2017
  3. Destiny 2
  4. Battlefront 2 (Sony seems to have a lock on everything Star Wars)
  5. Assassin's Creed 2017 (Sony and Ubisoft almost always have a partnership when it comes to Assassin's Creed, only exception is Unity I think)

You can probably add Kingdom Hearts 3 to that list, too. It's almost like a 3rd party exclusive at this point considering the really, really poor preorders for the XB1 version and KH2.8's exclusivity. I think Kagari hinted at a KH3 bundle, but of course, the game is still far ways off. KH3 is also significant in the sense that it appeals to a difference audience entirely, but the series is pretty popular.

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#18 PSVR Headset (down 1)
#26 PS4 Pro (same)*
#40 PSVR Launch Bundle (up 1)
#47 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 4)
#52 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 4)
#55 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 5)
#69 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (down 2)
#94 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (up 4)
#95 N3DSXL Galaxy (re-entry)
#99 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (re-entry)

#31 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (same)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The Pro is now fluctuating slightly higher and is at its highest point for a while. I expect to see it fluctuate higher the closer we get to the release date, and then stabalise in the top 20 (possibly 10) on release.

The PS5 Exists.