By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What Are You Listening to Right Now?

It's crazy how much better this is than every other Chili Pepper song I've heard...

Around the Network

outside serenity

Keybladewielder said:

I'm completely and utterly ADDICTED to this song:

Yes!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It's crazy how much better this is than every other Chili Pepper song I've heard...

I wouldn't say that, but that song is probably my favorite off that album along with "Otherside". I would still say their album "By The Way" is their best from beginning to end. Amazing album and it's a spiritual acid trip on a lot of tracks. Honestly they're an amazing band and their lyrics are some of the most advanced in the world of music. Their latest album has some solid tracks like "Go Robot" which is so catchy. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are probably one of my favorite bands because of how deep their lyrics are and how catchy their music is. They are just that  good :P

Airaku said:

I wouldn't say that, but that song is probably my favorite off that album along with "Otherside". I would still say their album "By The Way" is their best from beginning to end. Amazing album and it's a spiritual acid trip on a lot of tracks. Honestly they're an amazing band and their lyrics are some of the most advanced in the world of music. Their latest album has some solid tracks like "Go Robot" which is so catchy. The Red Hot Chili Peppers are probably one of my favorite bands because of how deep their lyrics are and how catchy their music is. They are just that  good :P

Well OK, maybe I'd put Californication/Scar Tissue/Breaking The Girl/Danni California pretty close to Parallel : D However, ever since i've listened to Parallel it's been #1. Crazy good song. Never liked Otherside THAT much, always thought it was overrated. I've really only heard BSSM and Californication and some of their double album, so i'm not expert lol.

Around the Network
Airaku said:

Well OK, maybe I'd put Californication/Scar Tissue/Breaking The Girl/Danni California pretty close to Parallel : D However, ever since i've listened to Parallel it's been #1. Crazy good song. Never liked Otherside THAT much, always thought it was overrated. I've really only heard BSSM and Californication and some of their double album, so i'm not expert lol.

Check out their album "By The Way" then. I promise you that it's absolutely amazing! The great thing about Red Hot Chili Peppers is that sometimes the meaning of the songs really isn't what you think it. I used to think that "Otherside" was a song about suicide, but in reality it's a song about Heroin addiction and overdose. Likely a tribute to Slovak who was their first guitarist who died. I know the album "One Hot Minute" which is often bashed and underrated has some fantastic tracks, but the album is very dark and depressing for the fans. I actually would recommend checking it out though. It has some great gems there. Which can be said with most of their albums from BSSM and foreword. I wasn't a fan of anything before BSSM if I am honest.

Also check out their hit Fortune Faded which is off their greatest hits album. The track would have been from the "By The Way" era though.

Magnetic Man Pandora Radio Station

Michelle Branch - A Horse With No Name

Beautiful piece from Bojack Horseman

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Keybladewielder said:

But now...the old Taylor is dead

Luckily her old music is still alive.

Airaku said:

Check out their album "By The Way" then. I promise you that it's absolutely amazing! The great thing about Red Hot Chili Peppers is that sometimes the meaning of the songs really isn't what you think it. I used to think that "Otherside" was a song about suicide, but in reality it's a song about Heroin addiction and overdose. Likely a tribute to Slovak who was their first guitarist who died. I know the album "One Hot Minute" which is often bashed and underrated has some fantastic tracks, but the album is very dark and depressing for the fans. I actually would recommend checking it out though. It has some great gems there. Which can be said with most of their albums from BSSM and foreword. I wasn't a fan of anything before BSSM if I am honest.

Also check out their hit Fortune Faded which is off their greatest hits album. The track would have been from the "By The Way" era though.

That was a good song : ) Thanks for sharing! I'll take your word for it and listen to the album! I kind of like listening to things in order though, so i'll probably revisit BSSM for a few days and go from their till I get to By the Way : )

Anyways I'm listening to

Such a good song! So many quotable lines from this one song.