By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you believe in NX in March?

Why do you believe in NX in March?

I don't 36 35.29%

Nintendo needs it 41 40.20%

(other) Yes it will be in... 25 24.51%

Total:102

Stop living in the past, it's 2016 :p . Nintendo could announce the system February 2017, 6 weeks before it releases and it would make sense in this technological climate

Around the Network

Simple, Nintendo said so and also the NX is being prototyped now at Foxconn. In the history of consoles, that happens when it is roughly 6 months out.

Why i believe in March aside from Nintendo's own statement, mainly because it makes the most sense. Not only less competition, but the time gap is much shorter until the next holiday to get the big games out = less pressure to fill out calendar yr. The die hards will be there to support the launch, so IMO this should always be when Nintendo releases new hw.

I just hope it releases in March. I'm fully aware that it might be delayed though.

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
I believe it because Nintendo said it would. So yeah... I'll go with whatever they say.

So what about those Nintendo software delays for WiiU? 

What about which ones..? o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
se7en7thre3 said:
Why i believe in March aside from Nintendo's own statement, mainly because it makes the most sense. Not only less competition, but the time gap is much shorter until the next holiday to get the big games out = less pressure to fill out calendar yr. The die hards will be there to support the launch, so IMO this should always be when Nintendo releases new hw.

Ya hopefully releasing in March rather than November will allow them to have better year 1 support, but then again 3DS launched in March and still had a bad post launch drought.

March-Nintendogs+Cats, Pilotwings Resort, Steel Diver

June-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

September-Star Fox 64 3D

October-Pokemon Rumble Blast

November-Super Mario 3D Land

December-Mario Kart 7

That was the 3DS year 1 software output from Nintendo, it had an okay launch and fall lineup but they had a nearly 6 month stretch that had only one Nintendo published game.

They really cant afford to have that happen again, hopefully having a unified software library will prevent these issues.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'd be surprised at this point given how little we know, but Nintendo could surprise me. I'd predict a August/September launch to have E3 loaded with all the games and system.

Miyamotoo said:

This is not my theory about March release date, this area clear facts:

-Because Nintendo itself said March and several times after that they confirmed March like release month.
-Nintendo itself said Wii U was reveal too early, and they also said they don't want to reveal NX too early because of competition.
-Also comparing time between reveal and launch with past Nintendo systems does not make to much sense today because we liveing in time where you dont need year or more to reveal your system before launch, today all tech companies are looking more at Apple and how Apple manage things.
-Also just look last few consoles, XB1 3 years ago was reveal 6 months before launch, PS4 Pro is reveal 2 months before launch, so NX could whitout any problems easily have revel around 5 months before launch or even less.

This are pretty strong points why people don't need to doubt in March release, if we don't hear anything in October about NX from NIntendo, I would start doubting and not to be so sure any more about March like release date, but for now there is no reason to doubt about March.

Just to add another thing that points for March release, infos that retailers cant order Wii U any more after October, that basically means Nintendo is discounting Wii U because NX is coming near future (March).

zorg1000 said:
se7en7thre3 said:

Ya hopefully releasing in March rather than November will allow them to have better year 1 support, but then again 3DS launched in March and still had a bad post launch drought.

March-Nintendogs+Cats, Pilotwings Resort, Steel Diver

June-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

September-Star Fox 64 3D

October-Pokemon Rumble Blast

November-Super Mario 3D Land

December-Mario Kart 7

That was the 3DS year 1 software output from Nintendo, it had an okay launch and fall lineup but they had a nearly 6 month stretch that had only one Nintendo published game.

They really cant afford to have that happen again, hopefully having a unified software library will prevent these issues.

That is what I'm banking on personally. Obviously first is the Zelda launch.. with splatoon support ending, I'm hoping for a July Spla2n release,  then you have the unannounced big guns for the winter (3d mario? metroid?).  With smaller titles to fill out the year in between . 

At this point, I think it's going to be delayed. Why else would there still be zero information about it?