By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC Gamers are 'arrogant twits' and 'like racists' claims Michael Pachter. Here's why.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/547198/PS4-Pro-Michael-Pachter-Xbox-One-S-PlayStation-Slim

Following the reveal of Sony's new PS4 Pro and PS4 slim, we caught up with well-known Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter to get his opinion on the new PlayStation consoles.

Speaking to Daily Star, Pachter noted that he was surprised Sony decided to launch the console this year but the fact they had showed Sony was "making a statement" with the Pro's price and specs.

But one question that had been racking our brain was whether PS4 Pro was doing enough to tempt PC Gamers. It does after all have increased power under the hood and a very competitive price point of £350 ($399).

As usual, Patcher didn't hold back with his comments and had a particularly strange analogy to explain why he didn't believe PC Gamers would be inclined to buy a PS4 Pro:

"I think PC Gamers are like racists; they only like there own kind and they have no interest in venturing out and mixing with other races," Patcher told us.

"PC gamers are arrogant twits who are convinced what they do is better than what anybody else can possibly do," continued Pachter with his explanation of why PC gamers wouldn't be tempted by Sony's new PS4 Pro.

"However if you were an Xbox owner and you’ve always wondered what it's like to be a PlayStation owner, this is a great opportunity.

"And I think if you're not a [next-gen] console owner at all - which would include a subset of PC users - this is the one you would buy. This [PS4 Pro] is the obvious choice."

Last week Michael Pachter also claimed that he believes the new Nintendo NX could be "dead in the water" should Nintendo fail to price the mysterious product appropriately.

More specifically Pachter was taking into consideration the price of the machine when compared with the new Sony PS4 Pro and Microsoft's Xbox One Scorpio planned for release next year.

Talking to Gaming Bolt, Pachter said: “If it’s a console and costs $199, it will sell extremely well; if it’s a handheld and costs $399, it’s dead in the water."

"The odds are that it’s something in between, but I don’t want to guess until I see what it is.”

SONY

Earlier this week Sony Interactive Entertainment Head Andrew House, speaking to Digital Spy, revealed there had been two big influences surrounding the PS4 Pro, how the likes of Apple had built a yearly upgrade system and what content creators were interested in.

"To a certain degree it came from our content partners who had suggested that the last console cycle had – if anything – been a little bit too long, and who also were asking us whether it was possible to innovate within the lifecycle in order for them to further innovate on content

"Secondly, we were influenced by seeing what has occurred in the mobile industry, and just the ability – or the willingness – for consumers to trade up an upgrade based on very tangible new benefits.

“So it was applying that thinking and saying: "Does console innovation have to happen only once every 6 or 7 years?"

Around the Network

For once he isn't totally wrong...

And on the Nintendo case I agree with him... so since it's an hybrid it should cost 299 and be the middle of his prediction.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RIP THREAD

Obviously Mr. Pachter doesn't know the difference between PC gamers and PC Elitists...

e I've said before.... there are a great number of PC gamers on Forums thst come across like that. I've always felt thst way, but when i concluded it was true was when i saw how they reacted to the PS4pro.....

Here we have a box that can give gaming at resolutions higher than 1440p and all costs no more than $399.... if any vendor sold an all inclusive PC with that kinda performance (eg those $500 steamboats that were rumoured) those very PC gamers would be all over it.

Or some.of them actually recommended spending more money to get the same or less on a console... then when asked they tell you how PCs can do so much more as if most poeple that buy a console don't already have laptops or phones and could just want a gaming device.

So what should we call that?

My issue with those type of PC gamers, is that for the life of me I can't understand how people so apparently well informed about tech can also be so biased or out of touch at the same time.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Obviously Mr. Pachter doesn't know the difference between PC gamers and PC Elitists...

Obviously the PC elitists are the ones giving PC gamers this kinda image. 

I can't believe some dismiss this thing as if it's not really an issue or doesmt happen...

Or maybe PC owners don't want to pay for online access? Maybe they like mods in their Bethesda games? Maybe they like having the latest, most powerful hardware?

Intrinsic said:
KLXVER said:

Obviously the PC elitists are the ones giving PC gamers this kinda image. 

I can't believe some dismiss this thing as if it's not really an issue or doesmt happen...

Its the same as any fanboy of a specific system. No matter what the competition does, its going to be hated on.

Well, it seems that Patcher is trying really hard to make sure PC gamers don't also buy an XBox, either the 1S or the 'Scorpio'.

That's a harsh generalization.