By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft-Developed Xbox Scorpio Games Will Run Natively at 4K

Train wreck said:
It seems to me that the Xbox Scorpio is shaping up to be the new PS3. Doing too much for its own good, a year late, a dollar short (or in the Scorpio's case, dollar expensive) and without the benefit of real Japanese support.

That would be true if PS3 didn't score a very close second place above the 360.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Imaginedvl said:

Thanks, at least you posted a link to where it shows that I never mentionned any Sony fan or even the whole fanbase.
I'm glad you ended your non-sense and you seem to be a bit calmer now (still a bit rude and cursing but better).

End of story.

The fact that you can read that and not understand that you clearly implied Sony fans speaks volumes against your arguments. 

Who would dog on 720p and turn around to say 4K isn't necessary? Not PC gamers, I assure you. And I don't think Nintendo had been part of the spec war since Gen 6.

No, the only group that you could be referring to is Sony, but instead you're stringing Hynad along for a ride down Denial River. 

You know what you meant.

No I do not; only people with an "agenda" seem to know better than me what I mean :) 

You keep defending any of his argument (as you just did in the other thread about Andrew House).

See that's why those forums are becoming bad for any non-Sony/Nintendo enthusiasts.
People are just coming and trying to just attack not only the people who act like that (like I mentionned) but instead just transform anything into a console war and generalize.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=220514&page=12
Like this one where you even defend him later. I mean how this kind of comment does not make him banned anyway, this is ridiculous.

It is not about fanbases but just some people who seem to "hate" the other fanbase for ridiculous reason

Waste of time.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Train wreck said:
It seems to me that the Xbox Scorpio is shaping up to be the new PS3. Doing too much for its own good, a year late, a dollar short (or in the Scorpio's case, dollar expensive) and without the benefit of real Japanese support.

I think it is way too early to tell right now. We don't know what strategy MS has for the console's pricing. We don't even know what exactly it will bring to the table other than it's 6TF. 

They probably settled for 6TF because that's what will be possible to market at a reasonable price by the end of next year. Just like Sony did with 4.2TF for this year.

Train wreck said:

It is very early tho. Now they do not want to scare people from buying the S.
But I would not be surprised if Microsoft finally come up with their Scorpio not a new generation but still something a step higher than the current generation and market it the right way. This may prove to be a good strategy?

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
Wow, the hate towards Microsoft and xbox in here from Sony fans is so damN childish . Sony/Playstation fans need to realize that Scorpio will be the more powerful system .
Also sony had lied plent of times this generation, it's funny when sony does it , it's ok but when Microsoft they are pure evil.

Nobody is doubting it will be the most powerful. It's obvious that it will be. It's this native 4K with all Microsoft games that seems implausible. Especially considering their biggest franchises run at 60fps. Console optimization is now some voodoo magic. I mean there is current hardware with way more power that struggles with those specs. 

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Train wreck said:

But I would not be surprised if Microsoft finally come up with their Scorpio not a new generation but still something a step higher than the current generation and market it the right way. This may prove to be a good strategy?

Generationless console "cycles" where developers make their games be scalable like they are on PC, where you can choose settings based on the performance/quality your hardware can handle, but with specific sets of console specs in place. It's not like most third parties would be required to do much extra work since most of them develop for PC these days.

"Play it on medium settings in 900P @ screen tearing 30-ish fps on the XBox One S!"

"Play it on high settings in 4k @ 30fps on the Scoprio!"

Imaginedvl said:
Azuren said:

The fact that you can read that and not understand that you clearly implied Sony fans speaks volumes against your arguments. 

Who would dog on 720p and turn around to say 4K isn't necessary? Not PC gamers, I assure you. And I don't think Nintendo had been part of the spec war since Gen 6.

No, the only group that you could be referring to is Sony, but instead you're stringing Hynad along for a ride down Denial River. 

You know what you meant.

No I do not; only people with an "agenda" seem to know better than me what I mean :) You made a remark that clearly targeted a specific group; I pointed it out despite your denial, so now I have an agenda?

You keep defending any of his argument (as you just did in the other thread about Andrew House). How about not putting me in a position to drag someone else into this?

See that's why those forums are becoming bad for any non-Sony/Nintendo enthusiasts.

People are just coming and trying to just attack not only the people who act like that (like I mentionned) but instead just transform anything into a console war and generalize. Pot, kettle, Black. You popped in this thread to take a shot ay the Sony fanbase, and then started denying it just because exact words weren't used.

Like this one where you even defend him later. I mean how this kind of comment does not make him banned anyway, this is ridiculous. How about not putting me in a position to drag someone else into this?

It is not about fanbases but just some people who seem to "hate" the other fanbase for ridiculous reason You're the one that came in here to spread hate. Reap what you sow.

Waste of time.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Imaginedvl said:

No I do not; only people with an "agenda" seem to know better than me what I mean :) You made a remark that clearly targeted a specific group; I pointed it out despite your denial, so now I have an agenda?

You keep defending any of his argument (as you just did in the other thread about Andrew House). You mean how I pointed out that another user has clear preferences despite his denial of it?

People are just coming and trying to just attack not only the people who act like that (like I mentionned) but instead just transform anything into a console war and generalize. Pot, kettle, Black. You popped in this thread to take a shot ay the Sony fanbase, and then started denying it just because exact words weren't used.

Like this one where you even defend him later. I mean how this kind of comment does not make him banned anyway, this is ridiculous. How about not putting me in s position to drag someone else into this?

It is not about fanbases but just some people who seem to "hate" the other fanbase for ridiculous reason You're the one that came in here to spread hate. Reap what you sow.

Waste of time.

Hate is a strong word. He came here just to mock "all those people".

Hynad said:
Imaginedvl said:

Generationless console "cycles" where developers make their games be scalable like they are on PC, where you can choose settings based on the performance/quality your hardware can handle, but with specific sets of console specs in place. It's not like most third parties don't make their games like that now, since most of them develop for PC these days.

"Play it on medium settings in 900P @ screen tearing 30-ish fps on the XBox One S!"

"Play it on high settings in 4k @ 30fps on the Scoprio!"

What I like about console is really the plug and play after all. But with a limited set of configuration you can still have this and the game can offer options based on what you are playing on.

Now your exemple is not so good. For me it would be more (in an ideal world and with competent devs.):

"Play it in 900P @ 30fps on the XBox One S!"

"Play it in 4k @ 30fps on the Scoprio!" 

Now with the idea of settings/options, I would really prefer to have the ability to configure the game to play on the Scorpio in 1080p but with more details/particules/better framerate instead of 4K for instance.

But then this is kind of dangerously close to not be plug and play anymore :)

Hynad said:
Azuren said:

Hate is a strong word. He came here just to mock "all those people".

See you said it yourself; really gett better and better.

For me: "Those people" not the Sony fans.
Again, sorry if you felt offended or believed to be one of those but I never said anything like that.