By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2016 3DS JRPG thread.

I just checked the forums and there didn't seem to be any topic about this. Anyway the 3DS is getting Yokai Watch 2, SMT: Apocalypse, Dragon Quest 7, and Sun/Moon. Am I the only one that is hyped for these games? DQ7 already has 83 on metacritic, and SMT has 86. Both good scores IMO. 

Around the Network

Well, I usually wait until a few years after a game comes out to get it as it is usually cheaper, but I will definitely get SMTIV:A in the future. However, I still need to beat SMTIV!!

Getting Yokai Watch 2 and Pokemon, not day one though. My JRPG backlog is too long for me to add more atm.

Glad DQVII has a decent score so far. But there are a ton of JRPGS coming to 3DS. It's just that people have been talking about them in many threads over the months. But this is still a valid thread. There are probably a ton of people playing DQVII today, so maybe they're not on Vgchartz today I haven't played it yet, I played most of the Japanese 3DS version though. Sun and Moon is what, 2 months away? Can't wait.

I already bought Dragon Quest VII today and have Sun and Moon pre-ordered. So far I'm enjoying Dragon Quest VII and am very hyped for Sun/Moon.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

I'm so hyped! I was one of the few asking for both Dragon Quest to come to America, and I'm so glad they're bringing them! Already bought 7, and I'm so eager to get 8 as soon as it comes out! And hope both games sell well, so we get 10 and 11 in the future!

Best year for Jrpgs in a long time for me, could have been even better if DQ VIII didn't miss 2016.

I'm pretty excited for the JRPGs coming to the 3DS this year, though I don't think I could even make time to play them all. There's still Bravely Second I need to play, and I think there were a few more that released before as well. There's just too many games releasing... x_x

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Bandorr said:
I didn't care for Yokai watch 1s demo.
I never got around to playing an SMT game.
DQ7 being 100 hours is just too long.
And pokemon really bores me.

I may get DQ8 when it comes out. I played about half way through it on the ps2 and lost my save file.

Can you jump in on SMT: Apocalypse or did you have to play the original SMT first?

I didn't like the first Yokai either. Yokai 2 is supposed to be a massive improvement over the first game. 

DQ7 is only 100 hours if you are a completionist. I think it's about 70 hours if you don't try to do everything. 

I have SMT IV:A preordered, and am super psyched for that one. Just in time, since I just about clocked TMS.

Pokemon I'll get this year...though not sure if I'll wait until Christmas or get it at launch. Not really in a hurry I guess. Same story with Dragon Quest...though with how long it is, I'll probably save it for later. I still have V and VI to beat anyway.

Never played Yokai...so that's not on my radar at all.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334