By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Xenosaga HD does happen, what would be your prefered battle system?

Tagged games:

Choose your battle system.

Turn based 38 60.32%

Action Rpg style 4 6.35%

Xenoblade/X style 18 28.57%

Other 3 4.76%

Total:63
Ka-pi96 said:
Ljink96 said:

Turn based rpgs usually start out boring but later on when you have more party members, the strategy really kicks in. No, it isn't as action packed but it's much more strategic than action.

Being more interesting when you`ve got a large diverse party isn`t exclusive to turn based rpgs. Something that certain publishers would do well to remember actually...

I know it isn't exclusive but in regards to why he feels turn based games aren't as fun, I find that they are fun when you add party members that add something to the battle system. Legend of Dragoon or even Xenogears. Games that make you take time to decide who you should take into battle are the best examples. I guess in my defense, my point is turn based games usually require more strategy, and less button mashing, which is fun to me.

I agree, more party members doesn't mean more depth, but I'm picking on the ones that do add valuable party members that spice up the battle system. Especially later in the game with challenging bosses that challenge your understanding of the mechanics of the battle system.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:

It's definitely not that I doubt you, but what would you say is a good example?

Most RPGs?

I was mostly just having a dig at FFXV and its small boring party

Word. Lol, I bet people would label me as a FF hater, but I really find IV through X some of the best games ever to grace any console. I also find Kingdom Hearts was an amazing jrpg, but the tides have changed..

*edit* I even found the Ivalice and Ivalice stories (XII, Revenant Wings, Tactics, and Tactics Advance) some of the best history of a FF ever.

Ka-pi96 said:
XanderXT said:

What do you find particularly wrong with this kind of battle system, anyway?

I find auto attacks to be incredibly boring. I don`t particularly like action battle systems (unless it`s a musou game) either, but I`d much rather be pressing buttons to do the attacks than them just happening.

Really? That's it? That's a rather strong hatred for something I find simple, but ok.

Turn based with a few tweaks.

I prefer turn based games as long as their not tedious, such as Phantasy Star Online C.A.R.D. Revolution. By tedious I mean boring and not slow, some games make have slow and long boss battles that are INTENSE.