By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pros of pc gaming and pros of console gaming.

Intrinsic said:

On another note, when threads like these start popping up at a higher frequency, it usually means that a console is threading in PC waters again. Last time this many threads about console vs PC was about was around 2013.

i was kidding btw :P

Around the Network

Every time everyone makes this comparisons seems to forget PC has its share of exclusive titles too.

freebs2 said:
Every time everyone makes this comparisons seems to forget PC has its share of exclusive titles too.

I mean, it's kinda there

"MODS, also open platform means more developers and more games including shitty and great games"

Awww that's such a nice picture of us all.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Awww that's such a nice picture of us all.

it's a gaming orgy

Around the Network
onionberry said:
freebs2 said:

I mean, it's kinda there

"MODS, also open platform means more developers and more games including shitty and great games"

Uhmm... I see. I've read 'mods' and just went to the lower line. My bad.

PC: Exclusives
(such as - copied/pasted from my post in an earlier thread - Civilization V and VI, Europa Universalis IV, Age of Wonders III, Endless Space, Endless Legend, Anno 1404/2070/2205, Audiosurf 1+2, Euro & American Truck Simulator, Banished, Cities Skylines, Undertale, Pillars of Eternity, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Star Citizen, Total War series, Dota 2, StarCraft II ...)

Console: Exclusives
(no list needed, we know them all, there are plenty of them, especially from Japan)

That's the only pro that counts for me in such a comparison and the only reason to own more than one system.

For consoles:

* Physical Media, especially collectors editions, seems to still a real thing. PCs do have collectors editions, but there seems to be less of them.
* More mid-high grade RPGs. Obviously the AAA RPGs like Fallout, Witcher, and Elder's Scrolls are on PC, but the vast majority of those sub AAA-tier RPGs are not on PC. (This seems to be changing bit by bit, but not nearly fast enough for me).
* No Mods, less cheats,
* More stable online, better online communities (subjective, but has been my experience), games for free each month (even if they are usually B-C tier). But comes with a cost.

For PC:

* Steam. Games when I want them, which is usually now, if I don't care about the physical media for it.
* If you got the cash, best graphics around. Even if you don't have mad cash, better graphics than consoles for a good price.
* Mods.
* Often free online. Exceptions being MMOs with subs or pay for gated content. Can be less stable because hosting depends more often on the players themselves.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

okr said:

PC: Exclusives
(such as - copied/pasted from my post in an earlier thread - Civilization V and VI, Europa Universalis IV, Age of Wonders III, Endless Space, Endless Legend, Anno 1404/2070/2205, Audiosurf 1+2, Euro & American Truck Simulator, Banished, Cities Skylines, Undertale, Pillars of Eternity, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Star Citizen, Total War series, Dota 2, StarCraft II ...)

Console: Exclusives
(no list needed, we know them all, there are plenty of them, especially from Japan)

That's the only pro that counts for me in such a comparison and the only reason to own more than one system.

not a comparison, babe, it's a "why I love this and why I love that" thread.

Console:l (PS4 as that's the one that I have):
No compatibility issue with any game coming out for the system.
No hassle plug and play
High quality exclusives
PS+ means I virtually have no need to buy games