By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ruh-Roh - Will Sony be dwarfed by Apple's iPhone 7 conference?

Ha, funny seeing the size of the Sony conference compared to the Apple one.

The apple one looked like it was on America's Got Talent stage or something. The playstation one looks like a high school auditorium. (have only this one angle so far, so can't fully tell)

But I'm sure there is at least 20x more journalists at the Apple one. 

Around the Network

And that is why this thread made sense.

Apple news is big.
Apple news that announces a new Nintendo game on iPhone is huge.

.... and now that PS event is over too... I see Apple event plus Nintendo SMR being far more talked about than a slimmer PS4 and a moderately upgraded PS4.

Let's wait and see what mass market news does.

superchunk said:
.... and now that PS event is over too... I see Apple event plus Nintendo SMR being far more talked about than a slimmer PS4 and a moderately upgraded PS4.

Let's wait and see what mass market news does.

Yea, looking around, there is like 10 apples stories, 5 Nintendo stories and 1 Sony one.

Not an exact count, just a rough ratio to illustrate. Also those Nintendo stories could count as part Apple, so you could say Apple is like 12.5+

My Google News homepage.
Yes, I know its partially built by my history/searches. However, loathe Apple and actually like Sony and search for Sony more than anything Apple. Today included as I read Apple news via friends FB feeds while I actually searched for PS4 news to watch a live blog for the last 30mins of the event.

So the "top stories" section
6 stories total.
- 2 iPhone (including top spot)
- 1 Nintendo due to SMR on iPhone
- 2 on Donald Trump as I read election is a bunch lately... and no I do not support Trump.
- 1 on a Russian fighter jet that got a little too close to a US plane.

"technology" section which is my highest rated section.
7 total stories
- 1 (top story) is PS4 Pro focused
- 6 stories on Apple iPhone 7 features.

If I open the technology section to its own page.
17 total stories
- 8 (including top) Apple stories
- 2 PS4 stories
- 2 Android related stories (even though no big reveal from Google of any kind)
- 1 Nintendo SMR story
- 4 random tech stories ranging from cars to brazzers hack / attack.

Considering I read a lot of tech/gaming/mobile stuff and definitely don't read anything apple specific, I'd have to say my news is likely common and not biased.

I wonder what live news topics will be about tonight and/or my local radio stations will talk about on my drive home and/or my drive in the morning to work?

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
Classic Wii situation again. Whilst MS and Sony fight over specs and TF, Ninty goes or pulls iPhone out of their hat.

Then sony and MS Follows? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

superchunk said:
My Google News homepage.
Yes, I know its partially built by my history/searches. However, loathe Apple and actually like Sony and search for Sony more than anything Apple. Today included as I read Apple news via friends FB feeds while I actually searched for PS4 news to watch a live blog for the last 30mins of the event.

So the "top stories" section
6 stories total.
- 2 iPhone (including top spot)
- 1 Nintendo due to SMR on iPhone
- 2 on Donald Trump as I read election is a bunch lately... and no I do not support Trump.
- 1 on a Russian fighter jet that got a little too close to a US plane.

"technology" section which is my highest rated section.
7 total stories
- 1 (top story) is PS4 Pro focused
- 6 stories on Apple iPhone 7 features.

If I open the technology section to its own page.
17 total stories
- 8 (including top) Apple stories
- 2 PS4 stories
- 2 Android related stories (even though no big reveal from Google of any kind)
- 1 Nintendo SMR story
- 4 random tech stories ranging from cars to brazzers hack / attack.

Considering I read a lot of tech/gaming/mobile stuff and definitely don't read anything apple specific, I'd have to say my news is likely common and not biased.

I wonder what live news topics will be about tonight and/or my local radio stations will talk about on my drive home and/or my drive in the morning to work?

Why is it important to you? And why should people here care about this comparison?

Seems like a typical attempt to bash and downplay Sony.

Hynad said:

Why is it important to you? And why should people here care about this comparison?

No... as mentioned earlier. I saw that the events were on same day and proposed the question of media impact as each company will want good free advertising from their event.

Now I'm collecting data post events to see if my hypothesis was correct or not.

Why do people get so definisive over something they have no actual stake in? You are not Sony and you don't get anything if they make/lose a bajillion.

superchunk said:
Hynad said:

No... as mentioned earlier. I saw that the events were on same day and proposed the question of media impact as each company will want good free advertising from their event.

Now I'm collecting data post events to see if my hypothesis was correct or not.

Why do people get so definisive over something they have no actual stake in? You are not Sony and you don't get anything if they make/lose a bajillion.

Who are you trying to fool? You make it quite clear you approach all this with an obvious agenda:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8054514

Hynad said:

Who are you trying to fool? You make it quite clear you approach all this with an obvious agenda:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8054514

lol really... I was calling out that guy's silly out of context post.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8054534