By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Are circlejerk threads a thing on VGC now?

walsufnir said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Freedom to be negative for just vita or all games and consoles?  

As if negative comments about a company would be a new thing or would be moderated...

I wouldn't think so.  Unless turned personal in some way.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
Angelus said:
People are fragile little fuckers. Best to just validate all their opinions and make them feel good about everything they do in life =)

Or just be a dick to everyone all the time. That way people will eventually brush it off as you being an ass, rather than just picking on them specifically, which is the part that really gets to them.

You are right.

A few things Ka-Pi.

1.) Posts are never viewed in a vacuum. Both the posters you've quoted have a history of remarks like this, which was taken into account when I issued the moderations.

2.) Negative posts are fine..heck, have you seen the anime thread recently? The new poll is absolute garbage, but its just an opinion at the end of the day. The problem isn't the negativity, it's not backing said negativity up. "Content is king." It's right in the rules. If you have a post that will likely trigger others, it's always best to back it up properly, which is why Teeqoz' comment is fine in my eyes. This isn't the YouTube comment section, and we certainly hold ourselves to a higher standard here. 

3.) I welcome feedback on my performance, anytime, but making an open thread to discuss moderations is not the proper place to do this. I might have a different answer for you in the future, but right now, please send any feedback to me or the rest of the mod team via PM.

Teeqoz said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah but is just calling games something like niche or indie (not even saying they suck) without giving reasons for that wrong now? I mean, if it is then I dread to think how many bans there will be the next time there's a thread about PS+ or GWG games

Context is key. At least Meret has a history of trolling the Vita and it's library, so his comments will be moderated with that taken into account.

EDIT: but now that I checked this thread 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=219875&page=1#57

And some moderations in there, I think Super_Boom has been really strict with these moderations.

I'm unsure of which moderations you're referring to, as I've only issued warnings in there, for the same reasons as above. Like Ka-Pi though, I invite you to PM me or the rest of the mod team if you think I was in the wrong. I always welcome feedback.

Anyways, thread will be locked shortly.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Game_God said:
There are mods that certainly abuse the little power they have in here, I've seen it quite a few times. Being a moderator doesn't grant you suddenly & magicaly the wisdom, maturity & ability to do a good moderating job! Some do very well, others not quite so...

The only mod that has actually abuse power is Tachikoma.

Proud to be a Californian.