By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 Delayed for PS3

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/21-05-2007-5529.html

"Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 topped the Xbox 360 chart back in March, but its PS3 and PSP counterparts have been on a slippery slope and now find themselves pencilled in for release on August 31. The PC version is expected to arrive in stores in June."

Ubisoft did not comment on the reason for the delay. Maybe upgrades?

Around the Network

They are shooting them self in the foot. Right now they could sell alot, but with killzone and Socom just a month or two after its release iam not wasting my time on graw. six axis support and 12 extra maps but really do they need a half a year to do that ?

They are probably just having difficulty getting the game running on PS3 hardware. If GRAW2 was developed from the ground up for 360, porting it to PS3 would be difficult because of the differences in CPU architecture. For the sake of PS3 owners, I hope that GRAW2 on PS3 turns about better than F.E.A.R. for PS3 did.

I want to cry... I just got my hopes up for this game coming reasonably soon after we saw some PS3 screenshots at Sony Gamers Day Anyway, it looks like RSV is on track for release on 12th June, which is certainly something to look forward to

add me

darc i liked your old display more =(((

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
They are probably just having difficulty getting the game running on PS3 hardware. If GRAW2 was developed from the ground up for 360, porting it to PS3 would be difficult because of the differences in CPU architecture. For the sake of PS3 owners, I hope that GRAW2 on PS3 turns about better than F.E.A.R. for PS3 did.

Indeed, that is my greatest (sorry) fear.  As long as it's not Day 1 Studios, who did the F.E.A.R. port to PS3 and 360 and had only worked on xbox before, then it should be ok (and like I keep saying, I hope they do better on the multi-plat Fracture for PS3/360).  I think this delay will be good for the game, but maybe not good for the sales as mentioned by Blue3.  I do want to try the game, since I have never played a Ghost Recon game.

Neos said:
darc i liked your old display more =(((

Off topic:  My old avatar? Which one, this is my fourth. My first two were War Machine and my last two were Black Panther. I prefered this current sketch over the close up of the Black Panther figurine I had used prior.

On topic: Windbade at least F.E.A.R for PS3 played the same. Sure the graphics took a big hit and the loads times were pretty long but you better hope Ubi Softs second tier team isn't handling the ports. I still remember how bad the GC ports of Splinter Cell were and from what I've heard, Double Agent didn't come out too well on PS3.