By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is your favorite Sony generation?

i never had a ps1 so i have to go with the ps2

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

the ps1 gen.
cause the ps1 felt like a gaming system and not a media center

^

Lawl. what a typical marioboy response.

"hey i have a nintendo console, i can only play games on it though and not even cds. you dont need to watch dvds."!

CaptainPrefrences said:
^

"hey i have a nintendo console, i can only play games on it though and not even cds. you dont need to watch dvds."!
My sarcasm detector is broken tonight.  Someone please tell me if he is serious and I need to develop mental powers just to kill him with. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Playstation 2 doesn't feel like a media center. Playstation 3 does, though.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
^

Ehhh, does Nintendo advertise their consoles/handhelds as "multimedia devices" or just as "game devices"???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

The PS2. Why, you ask? Two words........The Bouncer!

j/k

I don't get what's so bad about having media capabilities along with your gaming machine. The 360 can play DVDs and, if you have the drive, HD-DVDs. A gaming console is a gaming console...even with media capabilities added. I don't see "It can play Blu-ray movies, I hate it as a gaming console" as a reason. You hate it for the games it has. That's like saying you hate the radio in a car as a radio simply because you don't like the car.

Anyway, it's hard to chose between the PS1 and PS2...but I'd have to say PS2 because I was really young in the PS1 era and didn't really comprehend the games as much as I did with the PS2. My mom was also by herself with me and my bro as well trying to take care of us...so we were already poor and couldn't afford much games anyway.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

CaptainPrefrences said:
^

marioboy? 1.  i only have two mario games.

2. im not a fanboy

3.its my opinion

4. yes, i do like sony,

5.your a fanboy 

PS2, but I didn't have one during the PS1 days. I did LOVE the PS1 era games though. PS3 has been shaping up pretty well so far, we just need some DAMN RPG'S (Finally getting some this year, and some unique ones at that).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson