By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
V-r0cK said:
Guitarguy said:
Ok so it is real.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-22-ps4-slim-leaks-online-first-pictures

From the looks of it and other pics that have surfaced, this PS4 slim dimension seems to be about 9"x9"x1.5" and barely looks like it has alot of ventilation, so maybe a really small fan = quieter?

If anything, small fans are louder. But we don't know how much the shrink benefits the heat it generates so they could be smaller but being at the same loudness level.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
V-r0cK said:

From the looks of it and other pics that have surfaced, this PS4 slim dimension seems to be about 9"x9"x1.5" and barely looks like it has alot of ventilation, so maybe a really small fan = quieter?

If anything, small fans are louder. But we don't know how much the shrink benefits the heat it generates so they could be smaller but being at the same loudness level.

I was just imagining how small the PS2 slim was and that was extremely quiet.  But I guess we'll find out when they reveal it all :)

walsufnir said:
V-r0cK said:

Exactly, with the die shrinks it's likely to generate less heat. Whether that means smaller is quieter or not is impossible to tell until someone tests it out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U0VwveFMQM

video

walsufnir said:
V-r0cK said:

Well the X1 Slim is around 70W now and is clocked over 10% higher than the PS4. Assuming nothing changed, I'd say the new PS4 could/should be as quiet as the X1S.

Around the Network

moved

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
princevenom said:
slim will be 199$ out in september 11
neo will be 399$ out in early october
imo

It would be awesome to get a $199 PS4... too good to happen, tho.

I agree, it's not going to happen for the slim.  Sony hasn't been cheaper than Microsoft yet this gen, why would they start now?

Frank_kc said:
Normchacho said:

Sony's research probably showed them that only a very small number of people use the optical port and they decided that it wasn't worth including in the update.

How i am going to connect my sourround audio system to the PS4?

Figured I'd post this here, too, since you were concerned about the optical port.

Not sure if the manual addresses this, but I think there is an optical port, for the users who were worried about that.  At least I think so.  Captured this from the Youtube unboxing.

Notice the port by the yellow triangle.  I think that's it.

thismeintiel said:
Frank_kc said:

How i am going to connect my sourround audio system to the PS4?

Figured I'd post this here, too, since you were concerned about the optical port.

Not sure if the manual addresses this, but I think there is an optical port, for the users who were worried about that.  At least I think so.  Captured this from the Youtube unboxing.

Notice the port by the yellow triangle.  I think that's it.

did you watch the video? he clearly said that there is no optical port. I am really disappointed. I am not buying this POS. So much being for the players and removing a feature that many of players use it for head sets or theater audio systems. Sony needs to know that not a lot of people can buy a new console, a new 4k TV, a new sourrund system with no optical, and a new VR device at the same time. Arrogant Sony is back with the anti-player sentiment supported by a huge players base and winning against xbox.

Frank_kc said:

did you watch the video? he clearly said that there is no optical port. I am really disappointed. I am not buying this POS. So much being for the players and removing a feature that many of players use it for head sets or theater audio systems. Sony needs to know that not a lot of people can buy a new console, a new 4k TV, a new sourrund system with no optical, and a new VR device at the same time. Arrogant Sony is back with the anti-player sentiment supported by a huge players base and winning against xbox.

Wait... You're flipping out because they removed an audio port barely anyone on Earth ever uses? xD