By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Can someone tell me why there is no optical output on the back of that thing?

Around the Network

GribbleGrunger said:
poklane said:

BOOM

Edit: more

Definitely gonna be available the day after it's announced.

Ok, it's real and that looks really nice.

Where is the optical audio output?

Does look a bit fake. Love the creative touch with the symbols under it, but not many would see that as practical. Design doesn't look that striking as the PS4.

Frank_kc said:

Sony's research probably showed them that only a very small number of people use the optical port and they decided that it wasn't worth including in the update.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

if this is fake, it's the best fake ever done in history.
i think this is genuine

If its real... I m gonna give the xbox one S a +1 for the better design.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Normchacho said:
Frank_kc said:

Sony's research probably showed them that only a very small number of people use the optical port and they decided that it wasn't worth including in the update.

How i am going to connect my sourround audio system to the PS4?

How does this impact Nintendos NX?

Imagine trying to sell people on the NX, and it comes out its around 0.5 teraflop, for 250$.
At the same time, a PS4 Slim (1.84 teraflops or more) launch a few months before it, at 250$ as well.

This has to be upsetting for Nintendo.

They are going all in, with their Handheld hybrid console, and price+performance probably wont be in their favor.

Frank_kc said:
Normchacho said:

How i am going to connect my sourround audio system to the PS4?

If it's optical only...you might not be able to.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.