By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The sales difference between 360 and Ps3...

...Right now is 6.66 on the front page.... is this a sign from the lord of the underworld himself? i think so.

IOI watch your back... I think he might be targeting you.

Around the Network

Umm, what? I don't see what you are talking about...

^total sales dude.

360 = 17.76
ps3 = 11.10

Aj_habfan said:
Umm, what? I don't see what you are talking about...
 17.76 - 11.10 = 6.66 ioi adjusted the numbers, PS3 Japans number went down and Europe's went up. 

what?

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

hahaha good observation!!

9.5/10 for the thread

Hm.

If I may hijack your numerological humor, I've gone back to check sales differences between the 360 and PS3.

Certainly anyone who has frequented this site for any length of time knows the reversal of fortunes that has occured twixt the 360 and PS3, as the former ugly duckling has picked up steam, and now consistently outsells the Red Ringed Beast, which is why it has closed the gap to just 6.66 million.

So how long will it take to catch up?

Looking back to Nov. 3rd, roughly the start of the last holiday season, there were roughly 13 million 360s sold, and 5.6 million PS3s, for a difference of just under 7.4 million.

Move to Jan 06, the start of the post holiday, and the numbers are 16.3 vs 9.16 so the gap is just 7.1 million or so.

Therefore, in the last 3 months, the PS3 has sold 500,000 more than the 360. At that pace, by the time next November comes, the gap will be down to roughly 5.4 million.

Now, last holiday season, as shown above, the PS3 closed the gap by 300,000. If we assume that Sony has a great holiday, and triples that number, they will still be behind by more than 4 million consoles at the start of 2009.

At that overall pace, half a million for 3 quarters, over a million for the holidays, the PS3 will catch up sometime in 2011.

Of course the odds of both consoles selling at the same rate as the last 3 months for the next 3 years is pretty slim. However, I know of no adequate justification for the belief that either the 360 will be falling off the table, or that the PS3 will rocket through the stratosphere, so what I think this DOES show is that the PS3 fans who believe the 360 will be overcome any time soon really need to rethink those thoughts.

Woah... maybe I'm getting targeted.

We must come to the aid of ioi, before Satan gets him first!!!!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits