By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 Tech Test Impressions Thread: Three Words I Never Thought I'd Say

Titanfall 2 sucks!

What the fucking fuck. Respawn done went MW2 on us.

Three modes are available right now, I'll go into detail:

Pilot Hunter - The no bots, no Titans mode. How good is it? Who knows, LOL. Always literally 0 people in that playlist for me.
Bounty Hunter - A decent twist on Attrition. Maps suck, Titans suck.
Amped Hardpoint - Imagine Domination from CoD, only you can secure each flag twice for extra point ticks. Maps suck, Titans suck.

The best thing about the original TF was the pilot movement. You were only limited by your own skill/imagination. They slowed this game way down. Time to kill is near CoD levels. It seems Respawn is fully embracing the "CoD with mechs" shit that was laughably said about the original, and are running with it. I guess EA wanted their CoD and they got it. I don't know if I want to be angry or just sad :(

Everything is so dumbed down, even Titans. No more customizing your own layout. Now every Titan is a unique class and you really don't get to customize shit. And the two they picked for the beta could not be any more different. One has a regular pew pew gun that will melt pilots. The other is a thermite, kind of area denial type defensive Titan who can lay down thermite and ignite gas to force people out of areas.

I am holding out hope that better modes and maps are coming in the final game because holy fucking shit, this is almost as jarring a drop as I saw from SOCOM II to SOCOM 3.

Anyone else playing? I saw some saying it's up on the Xbone store. Idk if thats accurate. Either way everyone can play tomorrow.

Around the Network

The game is expanding it's reach and in turn aiming for the mainstream audience. Or maybe they are hiding the good stuff for release.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I'm sure it will do fine for those who want an arcadey much shooter similar to cod. this series really hasn't grabbed my attention. Looks like it's battlefield 1 + cod for me this year. At least EA will still get my money.

I just assumed they'd take the original and add a single player mode. Are the graphics much better? If so, maybe they came at the cost if speed and maneuverability? In any case, I hate to hear what you're saying.

The more I hear about it the less interested I become. Won't be long till EA gets zero money from me full stop since BF and Titanfall were the only two IP's I was interested in and they already managed to kill my BF1 interest with them charging for DLC maps.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Are they going to have a mode with no bots but still have Titans? That's what I always wanted to play.

Chazore said:
The more I hear about it the less interested I become. Won't be long till EA gets zero money from me full stop since BF and Titanfall were the only two IP's I was interested in and they already managed to kill my BF1 interest with them charging for DLC maps.

Battlefield has always charged for the maps and they've always been worth it.  Maybe not on pc where the player base will be less active but definitely on consoles.  

And the dlc is all developed after they finish the game. You get your money's worth in the base game.  Bf4 even got some really good free dlc maps.  their support was top match.  Your reason for not buying it is weak and just shows you really aren't that interested in getting BF1 to begin with. 

How are these tech impressions? lol

But this confirms what I was worried might be the case based on the previews I've seen, which makes my choice between this and BF1 for my primary competitive shooter this year much easier

d21lewis said:
I just assumed they'd take the original and add a single player mode. Are the graphics much better? If so, maybe they came at the cost if speed and maneuverability? In any case, I hate to hear what you're saying.

It's mind boggling. I haven't really paid attention to the graphics.

You don't even rodeo Titans anymore. You jump on, remove their battery, and jump off. Every time after that, you just drop a grenade into the hatch where the battery was. It's so dumb.

method114 said:
Are they going to have a mode with no bots but still have Titans? That's what I always wanted to play.

Amped Hardpoint has pilots and titans but no bots.