By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sean Murray back at it again...

He keeps lying, but aww he's so "humble" http://thisgengaming.com/2016/08/15/sean-murray-says-he-was-perhaps-naive-in-saying-no-mans-sky-wont-have-paid-dlc/

One thing you won’t see however, is the studio exploiting that with micro-transactions. Murray is adamant on this point. “We do want to add a ton of features, like we’ve just discussed: Freighters, bases, these type of things. But we want to do it for free. You’ve paid for the game, so you should get this stuff without paying even more money. So no, there will be no paid DLC, just patches.

Yes, that’s a quote directly from Sean Murray; “there will be no paid DLC, just patches.”

Well in an interview with the Daily Star Online Murray has now changed positions. Murray told the Daily Star Online that he was “perhaps naive” for suggesting No Man’s Sky will only have free updates.

“When pushed on whether the game will always remain free, Murray couldn’t categorically rule out paid for DLC further down the line, explaining that it could happen if “Maybe in the future there’s some reason why we just couldn’t possibly afford to do a certain feature without charging for it”.

Around the Network

Glad I got a refund for this nonsense

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

edit: Forget it. I'm stepping out of the playground because I'm sick of it.

The PS5 Exists. 

He might possibly maybe change his mind? Goodness.

Sounds reasonable.... Also, I love him so you can back off! >:(

Around the Network

The guy was surfing in his own hype wave.
1st crack commandment, don't get high on your own product.

GribbleGrunger said:

This demonising of Sean Murray is sickening. Sean Murray gave me exactly what he promised but with more content than I expected. People are deliberately trying to sully his name for one reason or another and I think most intelligent people on this site now that ONE reason. Pathetic.

'Sean Murray is at it again' suggests he's done it before. I really hope this game goes on to be a huge success. I can't think of anything more pleasing.

You should know by now, all brits are evil. I blame decades of American movies stereotyping us brits being the bad guy, people are brainwashed 

GribbleGrunger said:

edit: Forget it. I'm stepping out of the playground because I'm sick of it.

what was it?

no but seriously, what was it?

SWORDF1SH said:
GribbleGrunger said:

This demonising of Sean Murray is sickening. Sean Murray gave me exactly what he promised but with more content than I expected. People are deliberately trying to sully his name for one reason or another and I think most intelligent people on this site now that ONE reason. Pathetic.

'Sean Murray is at it again' suggests he's done it before. I really hope this game goes on to be a huge success. I can't think of anything more pleasing.

You should know by now, all brits are evil. I blame decades of American movies stereotyping us brits being the bad guy, people are brainwashed 

lol damn, people are offended...

Dammit people why can't you Leave Sean Murray alone!

Is what I would have said if things didn't turn out as they did. Backpedaling to charge more money for a £40 indie game is going to be quite something to seem if accepted and endorsed I can easily see the easy route of charging £40 for indies in the future with loaded micro trans and cut content to charge more for later on down the line.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"