By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game reviews: The History Channel: Civil War - A Nation Divided

Anybody ever had the urge to play an FPS set during the Civil War? I know I haven't! But here I am lol. 

My buddies (and some YouTube creators that inspired my channel) all picked games for me to review, and my one friend picked this gem. It's an absolute mess of a budget shooter that is actually more boring than a real Civil War reenactment.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/R1EFXv6tRww

General discussion topic: What's the weirdest choice of setting you've ever seen for a shooter game? For me this takes the cake, but Link's Crossbow Training was also a pretty odd one considering Link never used a Crossbow!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

I almost tried this years ago when I saw it.

A MP FPS set in a time like this or the Revolutionary War where guns weren't very accurate and took forever to reload would be pretty cool.

With the title history channel, you know it is gonna be bad.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I almost tried this years ago when I saw it.

A MP FPS set in a time like this or the Revolutionary War where guns weren't very accurate and took forever to reload would be pretty cool.

I think if done right the concept could definitely be decent, but it would take a lot of balancing, and frankly I'm not sure that's something developers would love to jump on anymore.  It'd almost have to be something going into ARMA territory now.

Acevil said:
With the title history channel, you know it is gonna be bad.

It's even better once you realize the developer has ONLY made History Channel games and Cabela's Big Game Hunter.  AAA quality right there lol

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!