By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG Nintendo, When Will we KNOW?!?!?! (More Conflicting NX News)

Yet another rumor-ish article, but this one is more based on fact. Based on recent job listings at Nintendo, the handheld and console marketing looks to STILL be separate, with a lead on each marketing division. Does this mean that the hybrid console is yet another result of not so great reporting or misinterpretation? When will we know?!

http://gamingbolt.com/nintendo-nx-may-not-be-a-console-handheld-hybrid-job-listings-suggest

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

They still have like 6months until they launch it....

Why would they want anyone to know what product they are launching or what it is?
I mean think if someone tried to copy their idea! that would hurt alot more than no one hearing about their new whatever gizmo!

I feel you btw, I cant believe 6months to launch and we have no f***ing idea what they are even launching is.

Everybody really needs to calm down...NX is driving people nuts.

We will know... Eventually...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I can't take it anymore. Iwata shouldn't have said anything about NX during that meeting if it would be 2 years before it releases. They have to unveil it in September. I mean, they have to. We still can't pre-order the NX version of Breath of the Wild. That has to change soon.

Around the Network

It's getting pretty ridiculous. I'm way less excited for it as time goes on and after all this waiting I don't think anyone will be super impressed with what they reveal. It might still be cool and end up selling great or whatever, but at the moment all my hype is dead. I'm just sort of numbly waiting for the day they choose to reveal it with little more than mild interest.

dongo8 said:

Yet another rumor-ish article, but this one is more based on fact. Based on recent job listings at Nintendo, the handheld and console marketing looks to STILL be separate, with a lead on each marketing division. Does this mean that the hybrid console is yet another result of not so great reporting or misinterpretation? When will we know?!

http://gamingbolt.com/nintendo-nx-may-not-be-a-console-handheld-hybrid-job-listings-suggest

I also believe NX will be 2 separate consoles because Iwata made it clear that their intention of NX wasn't to mix the handheld and console hardware into a single unit. He said that several times. All of a sudden, I'm worried again.

They'll reveal it in December at the VGAwards. Reggie would come to share a new Zelda video that will finish going dark with the sentence "Available on Wii U and..." and then the first images of NX.

Just to make you painfully wait .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

They'll reveal it in December at the VGAwards. Reggie would come to share a new Zelda video that will finish going dark with the sentence "Available on Wii U and..." and then the first images of NX.

I really hope that isnt true (why must they make us wait so long!).

Also I think with a brand new system, you need more time to get marketings reach to hit the masses.

PS4 is a hit, so even without much time between PS4neo reveal and launch, just it sitting on shelves in stores and haveing a PS4 name with it, along with maybe a sticker saying "new" will be enough to sell that.

NX is a brand new system from Nintendo.

This is kinda like that Wii to Wii U name pick situation, its a lack of reguard to what marketing does for their product.

JRPGfan said:
JEMC said:

I really hope that isnt true (why must they make us wait so long!).

Also I think with a brand new system, you need more time to get marketings reach to hit the masses.

PS4 is a hit, so even without much time between PS4neo reveal and launch, just it sitting on shelves in stores and haveing a PS4 name with it, along with maybe a sticker saying "new" will be enough to sell that.

NX is a brand new system from Nintendo.

This is kinda like that Wii to Wii U name pick situation, its a lack of reguard to what marketing does for their product.

It was only a joke, don't overthink it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.