By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

I still heard you cheering when you shot me down in the dogfight dogs. Not to worry i acctually shot a warhawk down tonight during the dogfight. First time for everything.

@dogs are we the only people who really like to fight on the ground. Every time i turned around i seemed 2 be fighting with u.

Around the Network

I dread being in a Warhawk. I feel like a sitting duck. Many times I'll take advantage of the not spawning when selecting a spawn point to go to the bathroom or to get a snack.

When I killed you it was a coincidence. I happened to shoot you at the right time to steal a kill from someone. :)

Now that I think of it, it does seem like we were missing certain ground fighters.
@HANAFUDA I thought you said you have to go to work at 7:30 am on Sundays?

Great game guys. I had to leave early though.

The Archipelago map isn't cutting it for TDM. One team would stay stuck on their main base.

There was a certain lack of the usual groundfighters tonight. I spent a lot of time trying to shoot down the warhawks with the rocket launcher, only to get stabbed in the back by yourself dogs. Still the TDM on archipelago was perfect for getting my own back on flyboys. The amount of warhawks i shot down with the rocket turret as they were taking of was very satisfying. It maybe didnt make for a great game but as a groundfighter we all know the joy of shooting any warhawk out of the sky.

@ Dawve
If I knew you were rocketing down warhawks, we could have formed a secret alliance to stick together on the ground. :) However, at the time, I had not realised that there was so little ground fighting.

@ Mirson and Dawve
The Archipelago has been turned into the dogfight map and huge center part of destroyed capital is the new TDM. This is to avoid one team being stuck on an island, being pinned down by AA Rocket launchers. I tried to pick a map division that did not include the island towers, because I know you, Mirson, do not like them. Too bad we were too few to test run this new setup.

Around the Network

Another idea would be to find another host who would be willing to start a few hours later for hanafuda etc. Then when the game starting at the regular time was finished, those of us who still wanted to play could jump to that game. It would depend on having enough people from hanafudas, finalsqualls time zone to be viable though.

Sorry for not going guys, and also for not posting much on the forum. Problems with women, you see...

Playing won't make me feel better since while i play i think about the problem and this won't let me play right and i get killed and this makes me even more frustrated...

I think i'll be back soon.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Dogs Rule said:
Good game. Sorry I had to shut it down 1/2 way through. I simply had to get that awful archipelos TDM match out of the line-up. The game is currently over early because only 2 other people made it back for a non-negligeable amount of time. ;)

Thanks for playing guys. GodOfWine, do you want to be added to the roster?

Suggested guidelines for hosting 24 player games:

Minimum players: 2
Spawn: 5 seconds

Use Wrench: yes
Enable Talk: yes
Team Switch: Yes
Allow split screen: yes
Balance Teams: yes
Friendly fire: I like 50% or less. It's a forgiving balance between having consequences to your actions and too many accidental kills.

Map Rotation(without map pack):
1. Death Match: Eucadia, Island Outpost or Badlands. Use the suggested number of players to select the proper map delimitation)
2. Zones: Same selection as DM;
3. CTF: If you are more than 16, all full sized maps are good;
4. Dogfight: any really, but I like to use Archipelos to get it out of the way;
5. Team Death Match: All, but be careful with Archipelos to select a large map to make sure one team does not get stranded on an island.

For a 12 player game, use the same guidelines, except using the smaller map delimitations with the following exeptions:
1. DM: same maps using at most half the available space;
2. Zones: Same maps, but make sure the delimitation has at least 2 zone flags. (Suggested map sizes of 16-20);
3. CTF: Same maps, at most half size.
4. Dogfight: Same;
5. TDM: avoid Archipelos.

Thank you for the change, the 10 second spawn took way too long, not to mention that Archipelago TDM Is one sided for the most part. 

Hope ur back sooner rather than later Flow.

Sorry dogs i just seem to have a few ideas tonight. Maybe we should try archipelago as the CTF level when we suspect we are going to be a limited number of players. The main map only gives 1 route back with the flag, giving the other team plenty of chance to recapture the flag.

@ Dawve's 1st idea after my last post: Well, WhiteDevil is also Australian and on the roster. If the two Australians and Hanafuda are all sure to show up, then you're only missing 3 players to have a decent match.

@Dawve's 2nd idea. That is a very good idea. Archipelago is my one of my favorites for CTF. I'll try to remember to implement it. (I try to review the comment posts from the last game before starting a new game to implement changes, so I should remember.)

@ Flow Good luck with your lady problems. We're here to help.

@ SlumOfOhio I agree about the 10 second spawns. It was an experiment gone bad. At least you didn't die 20 plus times per match like I did a few times.

Off to GTA4. :)