By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz WARHAWK bi-weekly league.

I definitely need to play this game more, though... It's intriguing. Besides, I need to get to the point where I can actually shoot something down once I'm in a Warhawk. I also need to figure out some method of chatting that works better than my POS Bluetooth headset (and no, I'm not going to run a cable from my PS3 to my couch).

Anyway, I think I'll end up buying it ($32 on Gamefly with the headset) just to tide me over until either SOCOM hits or I buy a PC for Left4Dead.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

It's really impractical Rocket, but I use the PS Eye as my camera/mic. I just like not having to have a headset and what not :P Also the video chat with friends friggin rocks ^_^. Yeah I'm not sure what it is about Warhawk, but esp when you have Broken Mirror and whatnot the game just gets INCREDIBLY addictive. It's really just insanely accessible, and I think thats what I love so much about it.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I was gonna say, with the Warhawks theres a few things I usually try to keep in mind, as far as dogfighting is concerned, I almost always prefer the "Pro flight" setting, but it's far less useful for evading missiles, and I try to avoid the green rockets, because I know for a fact I can shake those like nothing. Go for the yellow ones, air mines, or the electricity tool. They cause some massive damage and when you spam them with the machine gun you end up with some pretty quick kills ;) At least as far as Air battles are concerned.

When it comes to Air to Ground kills, Stealth can be your best friend :P Tow Missltes are god, (I love that you can speed them up, slow them down, etc etc ), and clusterbombs take a while to get used to, but man if you can master them your invincible :P 

ChronotriggerJM said:
It's really impractical Rocket, but I use the PS Eye as my camera/mic. I just like not having to have a headset and what not :P Also the video chat with friends friggin rocks ^_^. Yeah I'm not sure what it is about Warhawk, but esp when you have Broken Mirror and whatnot the game just gets INCREDIBLY addictive. It's really just insanely accessible, and I think thats what I love so much about it.

The accessibility is nice but there are a few annoying things about the game that set me off... One, I think ground combat should take more importance in the game (like it does in Battlefield). It's too easy to hop in a Warhawk and just use it as a taxi to get where you want to go. There is rarely a "charge that f***in' hill! Take it!" attitude in the game like there is in Battlefield or even Tribes from back in the day. Another thing is the reload being on the d-pad... Ugh. Small quibble but it's an annoying one.

Overall, it's a pretty good game. It's not in the elite group of online games but in the wake of Gears and Halo burnout, it looks to fit the bill pretty well for the next few months. 

Ah, that was my main problem then. I was always going for the green missiles. Good to know that they're virtually useless.

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
Well hey look at the bright side leo :D We all sucked compared to Skip ;) I managed to score 1st I think... twice? I just don't know the small maps very well xD Skip's the man ;)

Wait until you meet SlumsOfOHIO (Badgerfan). He's one ruthless Warhawker! Also, Chrono (California), at least on my end your voice transmissions were very distorted. Could you hear us alright? Same goes for Dawve (from the OK). Which I don't understand since I have no trouble communicating with our Australian friend FinalSquall who lives half a world away.

rocketpig said:
ChronotriggerJM said:

The accessibility is nice but there are a few annoying things about the game that set me off... One, I think ground combat should take more precedence in the game (like it does in Battlefield). It's too easy to hop in a Warhawk and just use it as a taxi to get where you want to go. There is rarely a "charge that f***in' hill! Take it!" attitude in the game like there is in Battlefield or even Tribes from back in the day. Another thing is the reload being on the d-pad... Ugh. Small quibble but it's an annoying one.

Overall, it's a pretty good game. It's not in the elite group of online games but in the wake of Gears and Halo burnout, it looks to fit the bill pretty well for the next few months.

Yah Air Superiority takes a MASSIVE advantage in this game (which is nice because it is called "Warhawk") BUT, if your playing against a team of intelegent players, it can be literal hell, avoiding the anti-air can be a royal pain in the ass, and so many people just tote around Rocket launchers it can be a task and a half :D. My personal favorite mode of transportation is either on foot with the knife (my name doesn't appear to the enemies if they're reticle passes ;) ), or on a Jeep, it rarely shows up on Radar and they're pretty damn fast and manueverable. They also can't be locked on :) You'll find that the BEST PLAYERS never accomplish they ultimate objective using only the Warhawk (unless the CTF is fly with flag, which sucks ass anyway), in the 32 man matches you'll be hermested so badly. You really need to see Broken Mirror also, the APC is the coolest thing I've ever seen in a multi-player game, it's the first one (that I've played) that is a mobile spawning point (if you spawn inside it gives you random weapons too xD, score for staring with bi-nocs :D) that can drop anti-balistics shieling and blow up a tank by ramming through it :D 

rocketpig said:
Ah, that was my main problem then. I was always going for the green missiles. Good to know that they're virtually useless.

Yeah green isn't very good against seasoned players, they are however AMAZING if your heading twards them :P They lock on hella fast, and they're incredible for scaring players into using they're chaff :D Many a kills thanks to those useless spammers xD 

@Dog Yeah I was sitting pretty far from it, and I think I had something covering it xD I'll try it again sometime, maybe start a video chat with you so you can tell me how it sounds. I wouldn't be surprised if the sound on it was a little meh, but I'll find out :) 

Well, the problem was most noticeable in DeathMatch where everyone can hear. When we were split into teams it was considerably less garbled (not muffled from being covered or far away, garbled as in heavily distorted beyond recognition).

I stay out of Warhawks when I have the option. I only added a DogFight option for others to enjoy. I just consider that game mode to be a write-off for me an expect the worst.

I love being in a tank. There is nothing more satisfying than shooting down a Warhawk, especially a moving one, with a single tank shell. :)

Dogs Rule said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
Well hey look at the bright side leo :D We all sucked compared to Skip ;) I managed to score 1st I think... twice? I just don't know the small maps very well xD Skip's the man ;)

Wait until you meet SlumsOfOHIO (Badgerfan). He's one ruthless Warhawker! Also, Chrono (California), at least on my end your voice transmissions were very distorted. Could you hear us alright? Same goes for Dawve (from the OK). Which I don't understand since I have no trouble communicating with our Australian friend FinalSquall who lives half a world away.

I'm not that good. You should see the Warhawkers in my clan.