By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: There are 2 PS4 Neo SKU's, only one will make it.

¿Which PS4 would you prefer?

Jaguar PS4 Neo (4.2TF) at $399 26 10.97%

PS4 Neo with new CPU (5.5TF) at $499 125 52.74%

Keep my regular PS4 (1.8TF) 17 7.17%

Get a regular PS4 (1.8TF) 2 0.84%

Scorpio (6TF) FTW! 30 12.66%

I'd rather NX. 27 11.39%

These console peasants... 10 4.22%

Total:237

I prefer they go with the $499 model, but take a slight hit and charge $449 for it.

Around the Network

The $499 model. $500 is the sweet spot for me. More than that and i'll be holding out.

You're posting an article from June. And based on a neogaf "insider" at that. We never heard that rumour from any other place again. I think it's safe to assume it's fake.

If true then I hope they go with the 500 dollar console.

Bandorr said:
Xbox one removes their power brick, while the ps4 adds one.

Yeah pretty funny.

Don't know which I prefer. I guess if I was going to upgrade, I'd want as much bang as possible for the buck. So I guess the $500 one.

you are comparing X1S with PS4 Neo?

i believe Scorpio will have a power brick too unless it is same size as a PC

and yes i would prefer the $500 SKU upgrade, even though its still not as strong as Scorpio, but at least it is close to it and still cheaper unless MS willing to sell Scorpio at a loss...

Around the Network

If true pleeeeaaase be the 5.5TF. If you're gonna upgrade, you might as well kick it up a notch.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

If this is true, they should go for a $500 console and at the same time release a PS4 slim/drop PS4 price to $299. the fact they have two consoles at different price points kinda means they are in the best position to do this. People that want to pay for the power can buy the Neo people that just want a ps4 can but the base console.

it also doesn't hurt that the scorpio doesn't come till next year. when it does they can just undercut whatever it costs by $50-$100.

400 model, if it has the same games as the regular ps4 there is no need for it to be so powerfull

Isn't this old news? Feels like we had a thread about the same GAF "insider" saying the same thing recently.

Anyways, give me more power. These consoles are weak.

The 500 dollar model!