By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales for the future..

FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
FishyJoe said:

I see now your cherrpicking quite nice, thank you for a mod you sure like to troll.

How is this trolling???

He is only drawing your thoughts... and yes, we want a minimun of 40 millins to the end of the year... and so far you haven't made a reasonable statement for the defense of your "33 millions" prediction...

No. I actually "drew" this.

Around the Network

Edit:never mind, fixed.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

super_etecoon said:
Fastrabbit09 said:
i love it

all the ps3-fans predict low sales for wii and say "note: i am not a fortune teller like you guys predicting high wii sales"...even tho the DATA shows that we are more likely correct than these guys low-ball predictions

I think it's best to leave other pro-Sony posters out of this thread until they have contributed.  This is simply one Sony fan stating his opinion.

i am talking about in all the other threads...u see em several times a week...not just this thread

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Fastrabbit broke the thread, and I'm sorry Frank, I didn't knew this...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Ok, who broke the thread? Own up NOW!

Around the Network

Thanks leo-j, fun read

Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life´s problems

SSBB Event Match Records!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUd0Q6nejQ <-- Me beating Through the fire and flames on expert!

Brawl FC: 2750-6853-5077

Currently Ranked  #3 on the smash bros league.

http://nsider2.com/forums/signature/ssbb/img/WaSuMaRa.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

http://thebrawl.net/signaturegenerator/metaknight/WaSuMaRa/5370-0082-7840/donkeykong/link/image.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

FastRabbit, please edit your post; you broke the thread...

They have a point, Leo-J. Your argument has only "it's my opinion" to back it up, instead of actual facts. To point out the facts:

* The PlayStation 2 has managed to sell to roughly 120 million users across a very wide spread of countries, but largely the same market as the 360 and PS3; we'll focus on the US, where it's sold 47 million units in 7 years

* The Wii has greater mainstream appeal than the PS2; even if it fails to appeal to the existing userbase of the PS2, it does appeal to a great deal of the underserved market of people not interested in PS2-style systems

For your predictions to be accurate, not only would the side of the market interested in PS2-style consoles have to be completely uninterested in the Wii, but the underserved market who want to play the Wii but not PS2-style systems would have to be less than 15 million people just in the US alone. In a nation of 300 million people, you expect that .5% are interested in the Wii. Even factored down to an average of 5 people per household, that's 2.5%. Can you understand now why we consider your arguments to hold no basis in reality?

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

So Leo-J's edit for why he thinks the wii will be at 33million is because demand will drop off..... that isn't a reason. That is him saying he thinks demand will drop off, why would demand drop off? Market saturation? Economic downturn?

That would be like me saying ''I think he DS will only sell 70million by the end of this year'' Then when someone asks me why me answer is ''Because next month demand will drop to zero'' I haven't given a single reason i've just made some insane statement.

Why do you think demand will suddenly drop in Mid 08 Leo? Lets say demand did drop to 360 levels mid 08. So that means what? 2 more months of this level of sales. So being conservative let's say 300k a week for 12 weeks. That's 3.6million. So then at 360 level until late november. So maybe 18weeks? 360 is at 164K a week, but then we need to add 40k for Japan since wii obviously won't drop to 3k a week there. So 200k a week for 18weeks is 3.6million.

So with the end of november and december left, even being conservative following your own estimates Leo we are looking at 30million. So then there are about 6weeks left. The christmas period. It would need to do 500k a week to meet your highest level expectations, which is incredibly easy.

So yea even following your own logic it seems 33million should be your lowest prediction.

Wii demand isn't going to randomly plummet. Especially not with SSBB still to come in europe, Mario kart wii, Animal Crossing, Wii fit in America and Europe etc. At least it should be stable with how it's been performing so far.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

fkusumot said:
[Graph Deleted]....see above for reference.

No. I actually "drew" this.

I thought it was you...but I wasn't sure if it was just one of those memes that comes up from time to time.

You are immortal....and this is some of your best work.

he is wrong even by his own logic because he is just throwing words up there without thinking it through...he has not shown that he has done any analysis of the situation at all as evidenced by his lack of reasoning for the 'mid-08 dropoff'

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp