By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Buzzfeed Quiz Alert: How Much Of A Feminist Are You?

35/50

Stupid test. If a woman is bossy telling her so shouldn't affect my femilevel. Telling a girl she should show more of her true self, her natural beauty and not hide it behind 30 layers of paint should count as a plus.
And how come I'm a better feminist for telling women it's their responsibility to help other women? Men telling women what to do, that's what feminists have been working against since year 0.

Around the Network

20/50, some of these questions are really, really weird at best.

I believe in equality but I'm not a feminist, which is kind of an issue, feminism clearly hasn't become the symbol of equality that it claims to be. Modern feminism simply has too many issues, and the interpretation chaos in some countries is puzzling and off-putting.

Moonlighter said:

That's a very ambiguous statement that doesn't exactly pin point a problem but rather generalizes what the wage gap already does. Is there any citation to prove this?

Here's my citations to back up the claims I've made. Many don't seem to understand what the wage gap takes into account. All it does is take the average earnings of all men and women and compare without taking in any variables. That's it. It doesn't take into account if the employees worked full time or part time, how many hours were worked per week, the longevity someone has been in the work place, education, maternity leave, among multiple other variables.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqyrflOQFc

http://www.businessinsider.com/harvard-economist-explains-the-gender-wage-gap-2016-3

The point is that jobs mostly filled in by women (the care sector for example) gets paid less then sectors mostly filled in by men (engineering for example). Women who do work in engineering jobs generally do not get as high up as their male counterparts (even more disproportionally as the amount of women working in these sectors). Female CEO's are often not paid as much as their male counterparts (but since a company usually has one CEO at a time, it isn't as easy to make a comparison, but a good recent example is AMD where Rory Read got paid more then the current CEO Lisa Su).

Since women still take up maternal and household work (more so then men) in this day and age, a larger percentage of women work part time. Part time and flexible work more often pays less then a fulltime (usually less per hour as well).

I can give you a source, but it's in Dutch, so I don't know if you'll be able to read it.

http://pvda.be/sites/default/files/documents/Program/PVDA/goleft13gender_0.pdf

It's from the study service of the Workers Party of Belgium (note that not everything they talk about is applicable in the USA)

I got 31/50.

Weird test. It has too many questions that are way too vague to be properly answered unless more context is given. I see someone pointed it out, the "man protecting a woman physically" definitively requires some context, as I do not believe a man should go around protecting women as an assigned sex duty, but he should definitively do so if a woman (or a person, really) were to be in danger and he has the chance to help.

29 but I don't understand the test, seems very stupid to me.

Around the Network

I got 34/50, even though I consider myself a feminist. Some of the questions were really confusing, and others were too narrow (I don't get how police racism is related to feminism, for example).

WolfpackN64 said:
Mr.Playstation said:

I hope you've all worn your hazmat suits because once you click the link below you are going to enter a place where Beyonce is a figure of female emancipation and the belief that women are paid less than men is still going strong.

You do know that the wage gap still exists do you?

Earnings gap not wage gap, It's not the fault of men that they suceed in the higher paying professions and out earn women.. complaining that men get paid more then women is like complaining that Brain surgeons get paid more than Street cleaners and blaming it on prejudice against steet cleaners.

Zkuq said:

How Much Of A Feminist Are You?

You checked off 22 out of 50 on this list!

You are pretty woke and you definitely try and stay informed about what’s going on in the world of feminism, and how you can make it better.

Sure, whatever. I don't think so, but if you say so.

Some of the questions were horrible, and some were extremely ambiguous. Some were also not related to feminism, I think. And some questions also demonstrated why I absolute refuse to identify as a feminist. I'm all for equality, but I don't think I'm ever going to identify as a feminist.

Preach it. Equalist not feminist

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

16/50, Far too much for a person like me that finds Femminism in it's current state as a wrong thing...

Whats wrong with saying "hey guys" ? to a group of people?
They make it sound like thats something wrong, that a feminist would never do?