By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2016: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl LI

Who will win Super Bowl LI?

New England Patriots 51 47.66%

Kansas City Chiefs 3 2.80%

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 5.61%

Other (AFC) 3 2.80%

Dallas Cowboys 10 9.35%

Atlanta Falcons 15 14.02%

Seattle Seahawks 5 4.67%

Green Bay Packers 5 4.67%

Other (NFC) 4 3.74%

Scoreboard 5 4.67%

Total:107
MTZehvor said:

So we've got our Super Bowl LII logo, and it's, well...

<snip image>

...meh, at best.

I really hate these standarized logos. At least they didn't fuck up the Patriots' end zone this time around.

I hate the continued usage of Roman Numerals.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=132478

Around the Network
superchunk said:
MTZehvor said:

So we've got our Super Bowl LII logo, and it's, well...

...meh, at best.

I really hate these standarized logos. At least they didn't fuck up the Patriots' end zone this time around.

I hate the continued usage of Roman Numerals.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=132478

Agreed but the next time they probably will not use Roman numerals is Super Bowl 75.

Glad that another field goal kicker got in the Hall of Fame there are at least a couple retired ones that also deserve to be in and there are more then a couple of active ones that should get in eventually. Kinda sucks that Larry Centers didn't make it in but I guess he will make it in in sometime in the next ten years.

I like how they opened up the MVP voting at the end of the third quarter. Tons of people probably voted for Matt Ryan only to have Brady and company take the game away from them. They also shot themselves in foot when they were in field goal range in the fourth by getting sacked and holding penalty which knocked them out of the range.

I'm not too upset that I did terrible in the preseason picks.  I picked the Super Bowl winner and the worst team right at least...  Other than that my picks were pretty shitty considering my lack of knowledge about most other teams.  At least I won the loser bracket which isn't too bad for first time playing.

Before this thread fades away for good, I thought this story would be worth posting here.

Full disclosure: I'm not 100% sure that this is true, but I sincerely hope it is.

Around the Network

What a massive chokejob by Atlanta. Only thing I have seen comparable with my own eyes is Houston in that playoff game against Buffalo where they blew a 35-3 lead IIRC. Seattle a couple years ago was close with that absolutely horrific play call that resulted in the Pats win. But yikes, this was bad.

Tom Brady is a great QB no doubt but this is a team sport so major props to Hightower, someone I feel goes underappreciated. Stopped Beast Mode in SB49 from getting a game-winning touchdown and forced a fumble at a very key point in time in SB51.

Major props to you big fella.

KLAMarine said:

Tom Brady is a great QB no doubt but this is a team sport so major props to Hightower, someone I feel goes underappreciated. Stopped Beast Mode in SB49 from getting a game-winning touchdown and forced a fumble at a very key point in time in SB51.

(image)

Major props to you big fella.

Yeah, I think he has to be free agent priority #1 for New England this offseason. He definitely goes underappreciated, but then again, I think just about everyone on that team that isn't Brady and Gronk (when he's not hurt) does. I'd really like to be able to look at the Pats' defense and say "it definitely got better" in the offseason. Bringing Hightower back (and finally establishing some continuity with the LBs) would go a long ways towards doing that.

Worst case scenario, I think he gets franchise tagged. Certainly didn't think I'd say this after the 2015 season, but it'd be great to get Logan Ryan back as well. Kind of doubt he stays, though; I suspect he'll be getting some offers from other teams in need of a secondary upgrade.

It was super entertaining to go back in this thread and start reading when the second half started. In a single page the posts go from 'Wow falcons are blowing out the Pats' to 'holy shit Pats win'.

I was standing for the entire 4th quarter + OT.  As a Pats fan that took a few years off my life.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Falcons SB51 loss is one of the biggest chokes in the history of all team sports.