By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2016: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl LI

Who will win Super Bowl LI?

New England Patriots 51 47.66%

Kansas City Chiefs 3 2.80%

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 5.61%

Other (AFC) 3 2.80%

Dallas Cowboys 10 9.35%

Atlanta Falcons 15 14.02%

Seattle Seahawks 5 4.67%

Green Bay Packers 5 4.67%

Other (NFC) 4 3.74%

Scoreboard 5 4.67%

Total:107
Arkaign said:
Overrated and lucky Giants crashing a bit back down to earth. Can't play without an offense for the entire year, it's actually incredible they made 10 wins to be honest.

2011 would like a word with you.

Around the Network

Man I have no idea what people see in Wentz to be honest :( It's hard to be a QB in a game with the Giants and be the 2nd best QB in the game, it just doesn't happen very often, but Wentz is certainly trying tonight.

The giants are a very very lucky team to say the least. I hope they lose their upcoming games. Cowboys could've easily beaten them on their second game if they just ran the ball on them.

Snoopy said:

The giants are a very very lucky team to say the least. I hope they lose their upcoming games. Cowboys could've easily beaten them on their second game if they just ran the ball on them.

I second this sentiment, though for an entirely different reason.

RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:
Man I have no idea what people see in Wentz to be honest :( It's hard to be a QB in a game with the Giants and be the 2nd best QB in the game, it just doesn't happen very often, but Wentz is certainly trying tonight.

Which people are you talking about? NFL.com declared the end of Wentzmania well over a month ago.

In the pregame and opening series, the announcers were doing their usual 'Eagles really have something in Wentz, big arm, great running ability, great QB, etc, etc, etc' routine.

Obviously I'm not an Eagles fan, but I think Cousins and Eli are better, and that's not saying a whole lot. Maybe it's a case of the yips, thanks to terrible WRs around him that constantly drop things. He subconciously wants to avoid hitting his receivers lol :)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:

I second this sentiment, though for an entirely different reason.

Let me guess. Because you are a Patriots fan who experiences strong diarrhea symptoms from merely thinking of facing the Giants in yet another Super Bowl.

Your grasp of the obvious is truly legendary.

Vernon scumbagged it up a bit, he clearly knew Wentz already had thrown the ball, but yet he hugged and slammed Wentz in a way where he couldn't break his fall. Classic dirty play, probably frustrated because he's lost at the LOS so often. Quick Karma came back with the Harrison injury :( Dirty play is for losers.

Any play where you do something to draw a flag AND cause an injury should bring a full-game fine, with the game check going to a charity.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Philly was 2nd and goal on the Giants' 1 yard line and failed to score any points. That's the Eagles I know.

Great decision considering the poor Giants offense, but horrendous execution and playcall decision. Eagles have solid tackles, but smallish center and not great guards, so inside runs in a compressed part of the field is a real head-scratching playcall. Good time for play-action or QB sneak. Brady is the master of that play, wonder why other teams don't give it a go more often.

Idiot Coach Menu tosses a challenge to lose a TO, LOL.

They let him pick up the challenge to save the TO? What BS hahah.