By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Nintendo should go 3rd Party, right? What about everyone else?

CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

Seems legit.

Only partly made by Nintendo.

So I point out a [mostly] Nintendo IP that is literally a phenomenon and you discredit it due to Nintendo's limited involvement?

It's a Nintendo IP that is destroying Twitter and Tinder. Give credit where it is due or admit your bias.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Only partly made by Nintendo.

So I point out a [mostly] Nintendo IP that is literally a phenomenon and you discredit it due to Nintendo's limited involvement?

It's a Nintendo IP that is destroying Twitter and Tinder. Give credit where it is due or admit your bias.

to be fair, you cant really compare a free-to-play mobile game with $60 retail console games.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Gamers are people and we are all sort of selfish and bias.

Sony fans would love for their console to be the one to get all the games on it. As would Nintendo, Microsoft and Steam/PC fans. Only casual morons that only play the big hype sequel releases of the year would claim that Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft don't have a place in the console market or we would be better off with any of them not trying to create their own software.

zorg1000 said:
Azuren said:

to be fair, you cant really compare a free-to-play mobile game with $60 retail console games.

I believe the point that was being made was that Nintendo IPs would flop as third party titles. This was said in the midst of a third party Nintendo game decimating several of the most used phone applications in the world, so I thought it would do well to point that out.

CaptainExplosion said:
oniyide said:

you mean they didnt sell as well as the two most popular IP from the past few years?!?!? really???? most games dont do COD and GTA numbers. Hell most Ninty games dont get close to them especially recently. 

Edit: so if a game doesnt sell as well as COD or GTA that means it sold poorly? because what you initially asked is what games sold well and a list was given.

Considering that's what every gamer seems to want these days, yes.

I dont mean to offend, but you sound kinda bitter.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
zorg1000 said:

I believe the point that was being made was that Nintendo IPs would flop as third party titles. This was said in the midst of a third party Nintendo game decimating several of the most used phone applications in the world, so I thought it would do well to point that out.

I get what you're saying and i certainly dont think Nintendo games would flop on other devices. Im just saying that a free to play mobile game being a massive success doesnt necessarily mean they would do gangbusters among the PS/XB fanbases.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nintendo is paving a glorious comeback with Smartphones apps. Pokemon GO, even not being made by Nintendo, is just showing how much potential they have there. And even if someday they bring Virtual Console to Android and iOS it would be a monster too. Do you all remember the fake Pokemon Red game that got first spot worldwide on App Store?

CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

Okay that point is valid, but that doesn't mean the same thing will happen with one fully made by Nintendo (Mario, Zelda, etc.).

Of course, but there's no real evidence saying they won't. What has been proven is their IPs flourish with the right design.

zorg1000 said:
Azuren said:

I get what you're saying and i certainly dont think Nintendo games would flop on other devices. Im just saying that a free to play mobile game being a massive success doesnt necessarily mean they would do gangbusters among the PS/XB fanbases.

Well, at the same time, I didn't compare it to games, I compared it to applications. 20 million active users on a $60 game would be... Well... There might not be any more games after that. That might be it, lol.

zorg1000 said:
Azuren said:

I keep seeing this and i dont buy it, there is no such thing as a PS or Xbox fanbase imho when it comes to actual games. How much of those Wii U owners also own a PS4, Xone or PC? I imagine most of them. Same goes for 3DS. If they are buying those systems to play Ninty games why would they NOT play them on other devices, and how much more people will be willing to buy those games if are on systems they already own. I'm not saying Ninty go 3rd party, im just saying the whole PS/XB fans wouldnt buy those games is false, as they are already doing so.

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

I keep seeing this and i dont buy it, there is no such thing as a PS or Xbox fanbase imho when it comes to actual games. How much of those Wii U owners also own a PS4, Xone or PC? I imagine most of them. Same goes for 3DS. If they are buying those systems to play Ninty games why would they NOT play them on other devices, and how much more people will be willing to buy those games if are on systems they already own. I'm not saying Ninty go 3rd party, im just saying the whole PS/XB fans wouldnt buy those games is false, as they are already doing so.

Literally all i mean by that is the people who own a PS or XB console.

I didnt say that they wouldnt buy those games, just saying the success of a free to play mobile does not prove that $60 Nintendo games will see a massive increase on PS/XB.