By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ok...I'm confused...Kojima Productions say they meant the single-layer?

Does it really matter?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I just owned all the Sony fanboys in that other thread about dual-layers.

the only thing you own is yourself in most threads.

makingmusic476 said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
makingmusic476 said:
Originally (and I'm talking at least a year ago), Kojima said that the 25gb BD-Rom was "too small", hence why they are now using a dual-layered 50gb BD-Rom. It's not that hard to comprehend.

I thought the interview recently he was saying the double-layer wasn't enough?

I'm talking about an interview from a LONG time ago, when he first expressed interest in using a dual layered BD-Rom. I'd assume that the game has only grown in size since.

The point is... everyone thought they already were using it.

Hence a while ago the "OMG MGS won't fit on a dual layer disc, must near 50GB.

When really they were hitting a 25 GB barrier. 

I hope that means, that they will be able to include several voice overs after all (I at least want the japanese one with english subtitles).

@ starcraft )

everyones a winner in fanboy fights .. or at least everyone feels like the winner for unknown reasons

Kasz216 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
makingmusic476 said:
Originally (and I'm talking at least a year ago), Kojima said that the 25gb BD-Rom was "too small", hence why they are now using a dual-layered 50gb BD-Rom. It's not that hard to comprehend.

I thought the interview recently he was saying the double-layer wasn't enough?

I'm talking about an interview from a LONG time ago, when he first expressed interest in using a dual layered BD-Rom. I'd assume that the game has only grown in size since.

The point is... everyone thought they already were using it.

Hence a while ago the "OMG MGS won't fit on a dual layer disc, must near 50GB.

When really they were hitting a 25 GB barrier.

Exactly...thanks for getting my point across

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

Man, did I call this or what? (There's no way to link to specific posts on this board, is there? Anyway, it's my second and third post on that page)

It seems you did call it. So is MGS4 on single or dual layer disc now?

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
NintendoMan said:
It seems you did call it. So is MGS4 on single or dual layer disc now?

Dual-layer. What I'm pointing out is that they're saying Kojima meant it wouldn't fit on the single-layer, they weren't talking about the double-layer. Just kind of sounds like BS to me.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus