By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ok...I'm confused...Kojima Productions say they meant the single-layer?

http://ps3.qj.net/Kojima-Productions-Report-85-on-MGO-perks-MGS4-going-dual-layer/pg/49/aid/116859 

I'm officially confused. I thought they wanted to use the double-layer from the start? In this article it's saying that Kojima Productions claim they meant they couldn't fit it on the single-layer and planned on shipping it on two discs....but that Sony offered them to be the first to use the double-layer. I smell a fish...

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

MGS4 = duel-layered Blu-ray, MGO = single layer

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I just owned all the Sony fanboys in that other thread about dual-layers.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ssj12 said:

Read in the article later on. I'm saying I thought they wanted MGS4 to be on the double-layers Blu-ray disc since the beginning...but they are saying that they planned on using a single-layer disc at first. 

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
ssj12 said:

Read in the article later on. I'm saying I thought they wanted MGS4 to be on the double-layers Blu-ray disc since the beginning...but they are saying that they planned on using a single-layer disc at first. 

they planned on using 2 single-layer discs

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Originally (and I'm talking at least a year ago), Kojima said that the 25gb BD-Rom was "too small", hence why they are now using a dual-layered 50gb BD-Rom. It's not that hard to comprehend.

ssj12 said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
ssj12 said:

they planned on using 2 single-layer discs

Ok, read the article. Payton is saying initially they planned on using the single-layer disc but found out it wouldn't fit...so then they decided to use 2 single-layer discs but were offered to use the double-layer. What I'm confused about is I thought Kojima wanted to use the double-layer from the beginning. Payton is claiming otherwise. I think somethings up...

makingmusic476 said:
Originally (and I'm talking at least a year ago), Kojima said that the 25gb BD-Rom was "too small", hence why they are now using a dual-layered 50gb BD-Rom. It's not that hard to comprehend.

I thought the interview recently he was saying the double-layer wasn't enough?

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
makingmusic476 said:

I'm talking about an interview from a LONG time ago, when he first expressed interest in using a dual layered BD-Rom.  I'd assume that the game has only grown in size since.

makingmusic476 said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
makingmusic476 said:

I'm talking about an interview from a LONG time ago, when he first expressed interest in using a dual layered BD-Rom. I'd assume that the game has only grown in size since.

Payton seems to be saying Kojima meant the single-layer....oh well.