By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
MTZehvor said:
hershel_layton said:

It's just shocking. Perhaps we should cut off education and just teach everyone the golden rules:

1. Don't be a dick

2. Don't kill people for no reason

3. No one cares what your religion(or lack of religion) is

4. Stop being an idiot

5. DON'T BE A DICK

I'm trying to imagine the actual Hershel Layton saying this.

Anyway, this is by no means new. Not that it excuses things, of course, but if the human race hasn't driven itself extinct in the thousands of years its been around beforehand, it certainly won't now. At least, barring nuclear warfare.

I don't talk like that in real life 😂 I'm more nonchalant and laid back. I just realized that being laid back on the internet isn't exactly...well, smart. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

today is the most peaceful era in human history.

want some pot? i made a coffee.

hershel_layton said:
MTZehvor said:

I'm trying to imagine the actual Hershel Layton saying this.

Anyway, this is by no means new. Not that it excuses things, of course, but if the human race hasn't driven itself extinct in the thousands of years its been around beforehand, it certainly won't now. At least, barring nuclear warfare.

I don't talk like that in real life 😂 I'm more nonchalant and laid back. I just realized that being laid back on the internet isn't exactly...well, smart. 

Personally, I'd argue the opposite. Of all places to try and be fiery about things, the internet is the absolute worst.

bl00dyroar said:

Er...what exactly is the measuring stick for that claim? Number of people killed in a given year? Number of wars?

Zoombael said:

How did this happen with all the super inventive minds, superior religion, resp. the great Allah at their sides?

I'd like to know when exactly this "golden age of muslim religion" occured and how the Islam, the direct teachings of the Quran "allowed and supported" scientific efforts. JK. I know the answer and it's already given with this text.

Well, I don't know if the book had direct influence but all these breakthrough in science and education was done by muslim scholars.

list of Muslim Contributions in Science & Technology

Astronomy, list of star names

Father of early chemistry

Invented Algebra

Physics, Philosophy, Medicine:

father of modern surgery

Optics

father of geodesy

The Book of Healing

perfected the astrolabe

world’s first war rocket

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

bl00dyroar said:

Er...what exactly is the measuring stick for that claim? Number of people killed in a given year? Number of wars?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2014/12/the_world_is_not_falling_apart_the_trend_lines_reveal_an_increasingly_peaceful.html

want some pot? i made a coffee.

Around the Network
JustcallmeRiff said:
Psychotic said:

I envy your skills. To be able to warp the very essence of reality to convince yourself that people with different opinions are evil... well done.

First thing you should do is actually watch the speeches from the RNC on Monday night secondly get out a dictionary because I didn't call them evil I called them bigoted and inflammatory.

"I didn't call them evil, I just called them murderous and barbaric!"

Bigotry is evil, inflammatory speech is intentional and dishonest. So yes, you did call them evil. You only used different words.

The left thinks what the right says "bigoted and inflammatory", the right thinks what the left says is. In fact, what you said was more bigoted and inflammatory than what any Republican had said out there.

It was bigoted, because I can smell the "I'm right and anyone who disagrees with me needs to be re-educated to think like me" attitude from a mile away. And it was inflammatory because you accused those people of being bad, with their millions of supporters with them. Just like that. Because they disagree.

bl00dyroar said:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2014/12/the_world_is_not_falling_apart_the_trend_lines_reveal_an_increasingly_peaceful.html

A number of issues with this.

Firstly, the statistics for this article only go back to 1945. Even if we accept everything here as fact, that makes this the most peaceful era in the last 70 years, not human history as a whole.

Secondly, these lines are largely decreasing because consider the atrocities/wars of the past 100 years. Stalin killing over 60 million people. The Holocaust. Two World Wars. The Rawandan Genocide. Brutal Latin American dictators consistently rising and falling from power. Some of the most infamous genocides in human history took place in the 1900s. Of course the 2000s are going to look good by comparison. That doesn't mean they're particularly peaceful times, or an indication of anything except that at least we're not quite as bad as we were when millions of Jews and Russians were being massacred.

Psychotic said:
JustcallmeRiff said:

First thing you should do is actually watch the speeches from the RNC on Monday night secondly get out a dictionary because I didn't call them evil I called them bigoted and inflammatory.

Bigotry is evil, inflammatory speech is intentional and dishonest. So yes, you did call them evil. You only used different words.

The left thinks what the right says "bigoted and inflammatory", the right thinks what the left says is. In fact, what you said was more bigoted and inflammatory than what any Republican had said out there.

It was bigoted, because I can smell the "I'm right and anyone who disagrees with me needs to be re-educated to think like me" attitude from a mile away. And it was inflammatory because you accused those people of being bad, with their millions of supporters with them. Just like that. Because they disagree.

Since you don't want to use a dictionary or listen to speeches we'll keep this simple. Did you read Zamase comments before they were deleted? Willie Robinson bigoted statement , Trump supporter" actually work for a living". Is he evil?

JustcallmeRiff said:

Since you don't want to use a dictionary or listen to speeches we'll keep this simple. Did you read Zamase comments before they were deleted? Willie Robinson bigoted statement , Trump supporter" actually work for a living". Is he evil?

Oooooh... I understand now. Thank you. A faux-redneck reality show star A supports party B -> reality show star A says something bigoted -> I'm going to judge party B as if it was they who said it and unanimously support it -> all people in party B are bigoted.

Okay. Splendid.

JustcallmeRiff said:
Psychotic said:

I envy your skills. To be able to warp the very essence of reality to convince yourself that people with different opinions are evil... well done.

Psychotic said:

Psychotic said:
JustcallmeRiff said:

Oooooh... I understand now. Thank you. A faux-redneck reality show star A supports party B -> reality show star A says something bigoted -> I'm going to judge party B as if it was they who said it and unanimously support it -> all people in party B are bigoted.

Okay. Splendid.

Good you're making progress bigotry does not = evil. Willie Robinson was one of a hand full of people the Republicans choice to feature on stage to represent them at the RNC which is where he made that statement.

We could have avoided all this if you would have used a dictionary and watched a couple of speeches.