By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Months later, what are your thoughts on Uncharted 4

Still the current best PS4 game I've played in every way.

Around the Network

For me it's still the best game I've played since TLOU but it's still not as good as that game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

d21lewis said:

I never played multi player so I'm only going to speak about single player campaign.

At the time, it was the most beautiful game ever made. I felt compelled to play it nonstop until the end and savor each moment.  Now I look at it and it feels kind of hollow. I don't have any bad memories. I actually done have and emotions about Uncharted 4 at all. I guess it didn't resonate with me.

How about you? Best game ever? Beautiful but shallow? The new gold standard? Now that the hype and the newness have worn off, what are your honest thoughts. Feel free to post spoilers.

It was a must buy game for me. It was one of the most beautiful things I've seen and heard (the 7.1 gold headset), with an amazing story and great set pieces, cool platforming and fun puzzles.

I finished the game 3 times. Once on Normal to enjoy the story and the game itself. Once on Explorer with the cell shade modifier to get all the treasures and once on crushing with bullet mode since it was an easy trophy. 

After all the time I've put in, and although i would recommend anyone who owns a PS4 to play this game, I've enjoyed DS3, Alienation and Bloodborne far more with every playthrough and even now I would love to go back and playthrough them again... With the exception of Alienation as I'm still playing it everyday. 

The single player and story are weak compared to the 2 previous ones. Multiplayer is godly though.

Fei-Hung said:
d21lewis said:

I never played multi player so I'm only going to speak about single player campaign.

At the time, it was the most beautiful game ever made. I felt compelled to play it nonstop until the end and savor each moment.  Now I look at it and it feels kind of hollow. I don't have any bad memories. I actually done have and emotions about Uncharted 4 at all. I guess it didn't resonate with me.

How about you? Best game ever? Beautiful but shallow? The new gold standard? Now that the hype and the newness have worn off, what are your honest thoughts. Feel free to post spoilers.

It was a must buy game for me. It was one of the most beautiful things I've seen and heard (the 7.1 gold headset), with an amazing story and great set pieces, cool platforming and fun puzzles.

I finished the game 3 times. Once on Normal to enjoy the story and the game itself. Once on Explorer with the cell shade modifier to get all the treasures and once on crushing with bullet mode since it was an easy trophy. 

After all the time I've put in, and although i would recommend anyone who owns a PS4 to play this game, I've enjoyed DS3, Alienation and Bloodborne far more with every playthrough and even now I would love to go back and playthrough them again... With the exception of Alienation as I'm still playing it everyday. 

Alienation is great, right? Housemarque is a great studio.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Fei-Hung said:

Alienation is great, right? Housemarque is a great studio.

Alienation is amazing. It's way better than Deadnation. It has a better loot system than Destiny and i find myself constantly going back to it to level up, get loot and make Ark Ship runs for level 12 legendary guns. 

Amazing the best UC and i can't wait to play it again

It was my game of the 2016 initially, but has been relegated to number 2 behind Doom. I love U4 but It became rather repetitive toward the end.

Still the current best PS4 game - And perhaps best Uncharted game - I've played in every way.

I think I go through phases. I've been hooked on Resident Evil Zero and I wasn't even crazy about it on Gamecube. The only reason I bought it on ps4 was because of the costumes. Maybe a year from now, I'll love it again.

I watched U2 on Twitch and it looked as fun as ever. I don't know. Lots of conflicting thoughts right now.