By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is going on with the world?

RJ_Sizzle said:
Living in a smaller world these days, people seem to have gotten more polarized than ever. It's really the same old shit, we just hear about it a lot faster as it happens. Hysteria replaces reason, and a "get them before they get us" toxicity tends to poison the public conscience.

Seems like extremism is going to become even more popular in the days ahead though, due the attention it gets in today's connected world.

So we should just ignore the fact that hundreds of people are killed every month, or even every week ?

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
Dadrik said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
Living in a smaller world these days, people seem to have gotten more polarized than ever. It's really the same old shit, we just hear about it a lot faster as it happens. Hysteria replaces reason, and a "get them before they get us" toxicity tends to poison the public conscience.

Seems like extremism is going to become even more popular in the days ahead though, due the attention it gets in today's connected world.

So we should just ignore the fact that hundreds of people are killed every month, or even every week ?

Uh, no? Many have been dying in conflicts since the beginning of time. It's not going to stop. There's always going to be discontent, it never ends. So what do you propose we do? Security will be upped, measures will be taken, but the underlying issues will still linger on. As long as there are means for people to harm each other and using idealism to de-humanize each other, this will continue. Hell, people here are at each other's throats over video games. Some people let their tribalism get the best of them.

I'm with OP. Sure, there has always been terrorists and death and stuff, but just compare 2012 vs 2016. Do you remember this many shooting/terrorist attacks back then? How about 2013? Last year? I dont. There have always been shootings, but we're getting them almost daily. Terrorist attacks weekly...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

qwertyDANIELqwerty said:

Hours ago a truck plows intentionally into a group of people in Nice, France and kills 30, injured 100. Just last week a sniper shot at cops in Dallas. The largest mass shootin recorded happened in Orlando a month ago. In Turkey, a terrorist bomb goes off in an airport.  A threat at a Wal-mart caused a bomb scare. 

Something is just not right. All of this happens within a very short period for the last month or so. What the actual f__k Earth?

Try this for a minute, turn off the monitor/TV, walk over to your window and check out what's happening outside. Give a shout back if birds aren't chirping their feathery ass's off, clouds still floating on by and possibly if you live in my area, a random dog taking a shit on your lawn.

I think the news has to lead with the most false statement ever, basically someone says "Good Evening" and then talks for 30 minutes about how it wasn't, I mean every night it's bad news followed by "news" about what the kardassians are up to or who is dating who from casts of celebreties, thing is though maybe at most 1 in every 10,000 stories on the news people watch will ever actually effect them in anyway.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Once more, men use "God" and their religion to justify the unjustifiable.

Around the Network

it's part media and part letting refugees in

Dadrik said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

151,600 people die every day.

Literally a million people could be exterminated by the most evil force on Earth, but if they took more than 6 and a half days to do it they still wouldn't beat the rate that people actually just die at.

Sure you could try to care about each and every death, but if you took more than a minute to read this post, I'm afraid you're going to need to start mourning the 105 people who died while you did it, you monster.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Dadrik said:

151,600 people die every day.

Literally a million people could be exterminated by the most evil force on Earth, but if they took more than 6 and a half days to do it they still wouldn't beat the rate that people actually just die at.

Sure you could try to care about each and every death, but if you took more than a minute to read this post, I'm afraid you're going to need to start mourning the 105 people who died while you did it, you monster.

I will not be rude, but oh man do I want to.
First of all, okay, let's just ignore that a group or extremists deliberately murder people all the time. Let's just ignore that they're a growing threat where most of us live. Let's just ignore all that.

Also, about the bolded part, no thanks, I'm trying to be sure I don't have to mourn some of my friends tonight, so yeah, "youknowtheword" you.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Islamic extremism for Europe, and racial wars in NA. What has this world come to?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

Islamic extremism for Europe, and racial wars in NA. What has this world come to?

Wait, what?