Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spectral Force 3. Anothher JRPG 360 exclusive

From: http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/360.php aka "Famitsu Data"

Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage

:(

Probably sell that much first day.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
wow, Microsoft just should give it up. They must have payed through their nose to get all these JRPG exclusives for a console that is dead and stinking in Japan. Imagine what they could have done with this money in the rest of the world.

What you fail to see is that alot of other regions also are interested in JRPG's, it's not only for japan.

I seriously doubt that Microsoft paid for this title to be an exclusive for their platform. Had they done so they would be publishing the title, and distributing it themselves. Atlus is merely taking advantage of three factors. First that the 360 has the largest install base in North America right now. Second the console has an obscene software attach rate. Third the console has an established RPG market. There are good reasons to release two RPG games on the platform.

I reserve judgment as to quality or reception. Given how successful Trauma Center has been in the market. Their upcoming titles might sell well if its reviewed favorably, or the game is priced well. The same way I am interested in seeing how Baroque performs.

I am not optimistic in the least this and darkness basically look to be shovel ware, but there is always the possibility they can end up being more then that.

One more reason I love Atlus USA: They're apparently localizing games on the 360 now. :)

Anyway, if this is any good, I suspect it'll see an extremely limited release, just like every other Atlus-published title, ever. So if you're interested, buy it shortly after launch or be prepared to pay a premium.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

>Atlus is merely taking advantage of three factors. First that the 360 has the largest install base in North America right now. Second the console has an obscene software attach rate. Third the console has an established RPG market.

1. Large install base on US will not help a turn-RPG game at all.
2. same goes for attachment rating.
3. established RPG market that DOES NOT mean it will embrace an half assed TURN-base RPG game

2K first week, won't break 10K LT in NA.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
selnor said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
It's an sRPG!

Which is a type of Jrpg

I know.  I wasn't arguing with you.

I was just expecting it to be a regular jRPG but it's not.  ^_^ 

kingofwale:

As shown, SF3 sold 2,500 copies LTD in Japan....The US release will probably match that day-1, or even in the first few hours.

Wanna take a ban bet on 10k LTD, Wale?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
kingofwale:

As shown, SF3 sold 2,500 copies LTD in Japan....The US release will probably match that day-1, or even in the first few hours.

Wanna take a ban bet on 10k LTD, Wale?

didn't you get the last memo from ioi? Ban bets are out.

I would, of course, go for 2 weeks sig/avatar bet if you are in.

Of course, I'm not going to wait 2 years to get the "LT" number, how about we do 2 months and use the curvature of the graph to determine the LT number?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It's taking forever for me to stream that damn trailer. I don't wanna download it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

The game looks pretty good, I just watched the JP trailer of it. It's been out since June 2006 in Japan! I just bid on a copy of the game on Yahoo Auctions JP. Hopefully, I can get the game for pretty cheap :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"