By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA Saturn DRM protection cracked! SEGA doomed?

This generation is horrible! Consoles will die this year from how horrible they are! Scamming us by introducing sequels to games and expansions on consoles.

I remember the good old days of the atari. Now THAT is the best generation ever

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Why didn't other companies use this method of copy protection if it was so successful?

Is it because in reality it's nothing special, it just stayed unhacked because most hackers simply didn't care?

That's a good queston actually. I'd like to think that it lasted so long because the Saturn wasn't very popular outside of Japan and I never really heard of anyone interested of hacking the Saturn. Personally I was pretty satisfied with being able to by-pass the region locking by simply using a GameShark cartidge so I can play Japanese games on an American Saturn.

Would be actually cooler if he made a guide in the forums instead going to Kotaku to get famous

also here we are the Neo Geo still having no Flashcart...

I never had a Saturn. Nintendo was always better...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

kudos to the hacker

Around the Network

SEGA will be back, and make everyone look like his B*tches! Especially PlayStation, SEGA will show them that 40 millions are nothing.
#SEGAwaits

Well, Nintendo has got this now. N64 ftw!

Sounds like a job for segata sanshiro.
Come back our hero, the world needs you!

I hope they can translate some of the Japanese Saturn games that'll be cool.

Check out my Nintendo 64 collection!

http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/collection/games/Nishifue