By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 Prologue at top of pre-order list everywhere!!!

Well except the fact its the same in french, dutch and in spanish its "prólogo"

Not exactly a leap.

Germans are buggered tho

Around the Network
koffieboon said:

And I beg to differ, just because there has been a prologue before doesn't mean everybody is aware of it. People have heard (and possibly played) Gran Turismo before. Gran Turismo is the brand they recognize, not some title added to it. And it is only anecdotal evidence, but I did happen to see someone returning the game after finding out it wasn't the complete version. Maybe it was a rare occurence and it was just a big coincidence for me to witness it, but I'm also pretty sure retailers aren't explicitly informing their customers about it. And that leads me to believe plenty of customers are not that well informed and don't realize it is just the prologue version.

-Whatever is up your alley chief. Bt considering how widely known the GT franchise is, youre just probably trying to make it seem like an impossibility.

-Youre purposely underestimating how know the games in franchise are. Its like saying that people who didnt buy SSB Brawl all think its the same because of the similiar title in the previous titles (or even perhaps the reverse: bought the newest because they expected to be exactly like its predecessor in terms of content). Youre making consumers sound ignorant, which seems quite frankly very purposely pessimistic.

-good assumption. Now post some proof attached with an anecdote to follow up on credibility instead of passing opinion of as fact.

Oh screw that. Its just your personal beliefs anyway. And I assume youre not too deep in the racing community to know widely about the popularity or awareness of the GT franchise.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

It's actually sold out on Amazon.de right now

rukusa said:
koffieboon said:

And I beg to differ, just because there has been a prologue before doesn't mean everybody is aware of it. People have heard (and possibly played) Gran Turismo before. Gran Turismo is the brand they recognize, not some title added to it. And it is only anecdotal evidence, but I did happen to see someone returning the game after finding out it wasn't the complete version. Maybe it was a rare occurence and it was just a big coincidence for me to witness it, but I'm also pretty sure retailers aren't explicitly informing their customers about it. And that leads me to believe plenty of customers are not that well informed and don't realize it is just the prologue version.

-Whatever is up your alley chief. Bt considering how widely known the GT franchise is, youre just probably trying to make it seem like an impossibility.

-Youre purposely underestimating how know the games in franchise are. Its like saying that people who didnt buy SSB Brawl all think its the same because of the similiar title in the previous titles (or even perhaps the reverse: bought the newest because they expected to be exactly like its predecessor in terms of content). Youre making consumers sound ignorant, which seems quite frankly very purposely pessimistic.

-good assumption. Now post some proof attached with an anecdote to follow up on credibility instead of passing opinion of as fact.

Oh screw that. Its just your personal beliefs anyway. And I assume youre not too deep in the racing community to know widely about the popularity or awareness of the GT franchise.

- The normal versions of the Gran Turismo francise are well known, not the Prologue versions. Just check the difference in sales. And some people might not know there is a distinction between the 2 when they see GT5P in a store, thinking it is the normal version.

- I'm not really sure what you try to say in that second part, but I will reply to 2 parts of it. 1. I do now purposely under or overestimate anything and I don't like people wrongfully accusing me of such actions. 2. It is not pessimistic to assume consumers are ignorant and badly informed, it is realistic. Assuming consumers will get well informed before spending 40 euros being overly optimistic about human behavior. But I guess we both don't have proof to back up either claim, so I will just leave it at that.

- I say "I am pretty sure", which equals an opinion. So no, I didn't state an opinion as a fact. But your position here is a bit unclear to me, do you agree or disagree with my opinion or not? If not I would like to know why, because I never walked into a store before only to be convinced by the sales person not to make a purchase, unless it is done to sell something else which profits them more. And if you agree with me I would like to know why you start an argument if there is no difference in opinion.

- I am not big on racing games, does that make a difference?

MANUELF said:
I think many people think these is the complete game, but PS3 hardware increase at least 25%.

No, they do know what it is.

Europe had Prologue before.

Around the Network

I wonder how many people will buy the Prologue, be satisfied by it, and not buy the full game.

Or if both sell, how many companies will start to try to sell you the game twice.

Of course, since it appears that the full game is at least a year away, most people might have forogtten about it when the complete version rolls into retail.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

You guys fail to realize they have done this for every GT game minus the first.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

darthdevidem01 said:
@MANUELF

this isn't nursery....most people KNOW the meaning of "prologue"

And I'm sure they'd realize that it's not a full game when they see the abnormally low price tag.

Because Brawl is already out.

Captian_Twig said:
Because Brawl is already out.

In Europe?