By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rocket League crate system leaked and confirmed

midrange said:
Perfectly OK. Overwatch does this and it's all fine.

In fact, as long as the crates remain cosmetic, I'm actually glad they are doing this to help their prize pools. Bonus points for evading the steam gambling issue

I don't play Overwatch so correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you earn those crated for free with absolutely no items being locked behind paid-only crates? Because it looks like Rocket League will exactly do that: have new cosmetic items locked behind a paid RNG system.

Around the Network

Doesn't seem that bad.

danielrdp said:
midrange said:

In fact, as long as the crates remain cosmetic, I'm actually glad they are doing this to help their prize pools. Bonus points for evading the steam gambling issue

I hate overwatch crates. It takes so long to earn one, then when you finally get one, it's four bloody sprays. 

Who cares, it's not like it's the end of the world if you don't have that other emote or highlight intro. It's all cosmetic

poklane said:
midrange said:

I don't play Overwatch so correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you earn those crated for free with absolutely no items being locked behind paid-only crates? Because it looks like Rocket League will exactly do that: have new cosmetic items locked behind a paid RNG system.

Overwatch does allow you to earn loot boxes, but in the grand scheme of things, it's all cosmetic so who cares?

the only time where it would be an issue is if people started trading said skins for real money