By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A New Nintendo Patent was Just Found

I didn't know if we were pretending that this patent didn't exist, or what the deal was. It's been up for a little bit now, and no one has posted about it. So here's that thread where we talk about this thing of which no one really knows of its confirmed or denied existance. Is Nintendo trying to throw us for a loop? What's the deal here? Another new screen handheld idea - this one with a removable plate to add or remove buttons. The patent however, is for some sort of 3D sound idea paired with rumble feedback. It sounds like some sort of special stereo sound, although I can't really decipher what exactly the patent is trying to say. If anyone else can maybe figure it out, just post your thoughts here haha.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/07/patent_reinforces_the_prospect_of_nintendo_nx_having_a_portable_handset

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

I was going to do a thread on it but it just wasn't that interesting. It's cool and I hope that this is indeed a handheld unit of some type but patents could mean anything. And if Nintendo is prepping for mass manufacturing, chances are things are set in stone by now.

it wasn't filled now but last year, it was simply found today, fix the title :v

720p 30fps on the handheld + 1080p 60fps on the console.

I don't care about 4k, I just want Nintendo to be great again and this combo could do it.

If they want to support higher resolution via cloud computing, that's a plus. But I want my combo :(

A wild Nintendo patent appeared.

Around the Network

Powerful handheld for a shared library, yay!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The_BlackHeart__ said:
720p 30fps on the handheld + 1080p 60fps on the console.

I don't care about 4k, I just want Nintendo to be great again and this combo could do it.

If they want to support higher resolution via cloud computing, that's a plus. But I want my combo :(

Was this in the patent or it's just your personal vision and hope for new Nintendo consoles?

Only one analog stick? I doubt that...

KLXVER said:
Only one analog stick? I doubt that...

Have to keep in mind that even though this patent shows this other stuff, it's about the sound and the rumble feature, nothing else. Also, no patent = final design, so I am sure that the design choices have changed dramatically and look nothing like this. I have faith! :D

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

I would be down if that was the new controller of the NX home console IF that can also be doubled-up as an actual portable device (hybrid).  But local coop would require those that can buy the portable device separately as well.