By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - when will the ps3 or 360 beat the wii in sales? (just one week)

the question is:

1# during what week will the wii lose to the ps3 or 360?

2# and during what week will the wii lose to the ps3 AND the 360?

personally i think that during the ps3 price drop the ps3 will beat the wii. and also MAYBE during the gta4 release both consoles might beat the wii. but its a long shot because nintendo is probably stockpiling for gta4 so that they can steal some of sony and microsoft's thunder.

EDIT: when do you think the NEXT week that the ps3 or 360 will pass the wii in sales?

the ps3 has beaten the wii twice: both during its eauropean launch last march. the 360 has beaten the wii 3 times: twice at the halo 3 release and once during christmas 06'.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network

What cares? They are selling to different markets. /sarcasm

(Ok Million, here's your chance to whine about it.)

FishyJoe said:

QFT

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

there will be a week do to supply shortages

the wii will never lose a week in sales to the 360 or ps3 unless there is a drastic drop in demand which is highly unlikely or there is a massive shortage which is somewhat likely

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

Never, it won't happen.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Don't forget Mario Kart is coming out about the same time as GTAIV, however that's still the best bet either PS3 or 360 will have for a while to beat Wii.

MSG4 week maybe for PS3. FFXIII for sure IF it comes out this year and assuming no AAA game for Wii to compete with.

I don't think 360 has a single other game that could boost sales enough this year outside of GTA.

GTA4 Might have a good shot at doing it for both consoles.

PS3 will rape the hell out of the Wii's family for the FFXIII launch. That game is a beast :x

Possibly even MGS4. I know enough people waiting on that one as well :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

FishyJoe said:

Well, that is what Nintendo said. 

I thought it's already happened.. i thought the 360 had the highest salls the week halo3 came out in America. and the ps3 was highest i think about 6 weeks ago.. someone do the research and i'm sure they will find evidence to support this