By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC/PS4/NX. XBOX OUT.

Will you buy an Xbox in the future?

Yes 103 24.07%

No 285 66.59%

Maybe 40 9.35%

Total:428

Well I can only speak for myself but I definitely won't be buying a XB1 anymore, whereas before I was considering it. I have an ok gaming pc that I've periodically updated over the years so its definitely XB1 level of power, and so pc gaming is an option for me.

Having said that, whereas before I was considering buying a XB1, now I'm definitely going to buy games like Forza and Gears, so from MS pov I'm gone from a maybe customer to a definite, which is a win for them.

Personally this is what I've believed MS should always have done from the original Xbox onwards, there was never a need to abandon PC to prop up Xbox, but MS did it abandon PC for many years, and in doing so lost sight of one of their greatest strengths.

Around the Network

The convenience of a console over a PC will play a factor. So I think the Xbox fanbase will continue on until MS decides to abandon the console. If they ever decide to go that route.

Well I have no need for an Xbox anymore at least.

Many still will.

You could also replace that PC with Xbox you know

Roronaa_chan said:

Why on earth would you do that?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Not for me. LOL I am buying a rig. This is my last gen with an Xbox. Microsoft showed me the doorway to free Xbox Live on their console gamers dime and all of their exclusives to boot. Everyone should've seen what Microsoft was doing since MS rebranded Xbox to stand for something bigger than the console.

GribbleGrunger said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Cheaper? Generally less problems? Those are the two reasons I stopped playing on PC, expenses + lost patience with HW issues. Granted I still have no desire for a Xbox due to no games I want to play, but if there were, i'd go there instead of back to PC.

GribbleGrunger said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Because the PC gets more games then it had before, so nows the time to get rid of it!

My PC is needed for Work as well as gaming, not to mention the vast amounts of PC exclusives that aren't on consoles, I need a Powerful PC and if I've got one then there's no point in getting an xbox.

The Xbox is for people who don't need a good PC at home and don't care about PC exclusives, OR are willing to pay for a machine that has games they can already run because they prefer a console experience.

Unless Scorpio has full windows 10 functionality it's useless to me, and it won't because then people could buy games from steam on there scorpio and Microsoft would lose moneh.

Roronaa_chan said:

Not really for the reasons one would upgrade to PC.

Honestly at this point I would rather build a cheap small windows 10 pc, for gameing, than get a xbox one.

However I never really had much intrest in the xbox one, to begin with.
It lacks non action-rpgs, or just rpgs in general.

What makes me think a cheap gameing pc > xbox one? well the addition of steam, ontop of all the games xbox has going to windows.