By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which is the most unfairly hated?

Who doesn't deserve the hate?

Kanye West 2 1.18%

Justin Bieber 11 6.47%

Lil Wayne 1 0.59%

Batman V Superman 9 5.29%

Star Wars TFA 36 21.18%

Tomb Raider 17 10.00%

Xbox One 37 21.76%

Uncharted 3 36 21.18%

I hate them all! 13 7.65%

Other *please specify* 8 4.71%

Total:170

Kanye West: Makes great music. People hate him because of his persona

Justin Bieber: Girls loved him so it became cool to hate him.

The Force Awakens: A capable film but nitpicked to hell!

Batman V Superman: Another film that's a hit with certain audiences but totally brutalized by others 

Tomb Raider 2013: A change in direction that resulted in huge sales but is hated by some fans of the older style.

Xbox One: almost ushered in a new age of DRM (not really. It just wouldn't have sold), mandatory Kinect, and sub 1080p gaming at a time when everything was 1080p or above 

Uncharted 3: Uncharted 2 raised the bar so much that people were disappointed with Uncharted 3.

Or is there something else that I'm forgetting?

Around the Network

The Force Awakens of course

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Kanye doesn't make great music.

Justin Bieber has been receiving a lot of hate since he was 14 or younger? That just seems wrong on too many levels.

Of those choices, I'd pick The Force Awakens. It's a bit derivative, yes, but it's smartly written, capably directed, and wonderfully acted.

I haven't yet seen Batman v. Superman (waiting for a Redbox release), but I can say with confidence the others are worthy of derision.

LurkerJ said:

Kanye doesn't make great music.

Justin Bieber has been receiving a lot of hate since he was 14 or younger? That just seems wrong on too many levels.

He makes GOOD Music! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOOD_Music?wprov=sfla1

Around the Network

Well I dislike Kanye West as a person, but the truth is a lot of his studio albums are really good, he is a very creative man even if his music is not really my cup of tea, as a person he is arrogant and egocentric as fuck though.

And also The Force Awakens, that movie has some pretty obvious flaws but it was really well directed and brings the saga to the level of cinematographic quality it completely lost on the "new" trilogy, and even if it feels too much like a new hope reboot it also brings the future of the saga to a very exciting direction.

I'd say Star Wars 7, just because it's the only one that I enjoyed =P

Kanye West - Yes he's an asshole, but his music is pretty good - unfairly hated
Justin Bieber - He just sucks - fairly hated
Lil Wayne - Don't really know him
Batman V Superman - Another generic superhero movie - fairly hated
Star Wars TFA - A Star Wars movie that's 100% fan service - not enough hated
Tomb Raider - Didn't know this was hated, have only tried bits of it, seemed decent
Xbox One - Weaker hardware and content compared to PS4, hardly any strong exclusives - fairly hated
Uncharted 3 - Never tried it

Other:
Madonna - A hit and miss musician, who is terrible at her worst (Hard Candy, MDNA), but one of the best in the industry at her best (Ray of Light, Confessions on a Dancefloor). Hated for her persona, rather than her music.

M. Night Shyamalan - An extremely talented and unique filmmaker, who has made a bunch of misunderstood masterpieces (The Village, Lady in the Water and Unbreakable). Okay he has some misfires as well, like The Last Airbender, but he is miles better than a lot of the popular directors these days.

Quantum of Solace - A fairly competent James Bond movie. Some claim it's one of the worst Bond movies ever. Which is ridiculous, when movies like Diamonds are Forever, A View to a Kill, Die Another Day and Spectre exist.

Skyward Sword - It's polarising, but deserves universal acclaim

Wii - Yes it has showelware, but it probably has more quality games than any other Nintendo home console

Vinther1991 said:
Kanye West - Yes he's an asshole, but his music is pretty good - unfairly hated
Justin Bieber - He just sucks - fairly hated
Lil Wayne - Don't really know him
Batman V Superman - Another generic superhero movie - fairly hated
Star Wars TFA - A Star Wars movie that's 100% fan service - not enough hated
Tomb Raider - Didn't know this was hated, have only tried bits of it, seemed decent
Xbox One - Weaker hardware and content compared to PS4, hardly any strong exclusives - fairly hated
Uncharted 3 - Never tried it

Other:
Madonna - A hit and miss musician, who is terrible at her worst (Hard Candy, MDNA), but one of the best in the industry at her best (Ray of Light, Confessions on a Dancefloor). Hated for her persona, rather than her music.

M. Night Shyamalan - An extremely talented and unique filmmaker, who has made a bunch of misunderstood masterpieces (The Village, Lady in the Water and Unbreakable). Okay he has some misfires as well, like The Last Airbender, but he is miles better than a lot of the popular directors these days.

Quantum of Solace - A fairly competent James Bond movie. Some claim it's one of the worst Bond movies ever. Which is ridiculous, when movies like Diamonds are Forever, A View to a Kill, Die Another Day and Spectre exist.

Skyward Sword - It's polarising, but deserves universal acclaim

Wii - Yes it has showelware, but it probably has more quality games than any other Nintendo home console

Good post. I disagree with some but I can respect your opinion.

There was some song that I liked on the radio a couple of months ago. My wife told me it was Justin Bieber and i immediately hated it.

But secretly, I like it.