By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Play-Asia asks the fans for English Asian localisations

Just localize Phantasy Star Nova and Tales of Innocence.....is that too much to ask?

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Yakuza Ishin is a fanservice game?

No, why are you asking?  Have they said Yakuza Ishin is likely?

Ruler said:
Mike_L said:

Personally, I'd love for anything Sega and Capcom to be localized.

Especially:
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PS4): One of the most requested localizations in general, I see it on nearly every "most wanted localizations"-lists
Yakuza series (Yakuza Ishin (PS4), Yakuza Kiwami (PS4), Yakuza 5 (PS3/PS4) and Yakuza 6 (PS4)): Physical release of all preferred, Yakuza Zero gets a physical release in the West in 2017
Dragon's Dogma Online (PS4): Western RPG fans (and reviewers) loved Dragon's Dogma and Dark Arisen, a physical version of this MMO would be a great localization
Monster Hunter series (Monster Hunter Frontier Online (PS3/PS4) or Monster Hunter Frontier Online 2 (PS4) rumored to be revealed during 2016): Monster Hunter Tri and 4 showed that the franchise is growing in the West

they actually mean existing games for PS4 for example, but not translated in english.

Haha. I know that.

The only 1 of those games that doesn't exist is Monster Hunter Frontier Online 2 (it's rumored to be revealed at TGS 2016). That's why I listed the first one as well.

But you're right that Monster Hunter Frontier Online 1 and Yakuza 5 don't have PS4 versions and that's why I've listed the PS3 as well. Of course I'd only hope for a localization to PS4 if that PS4 version gets announced.

Kresnik said:
Ruler said:

Yakuza Ishin is a fanservice game?

No, why are you asking?  Have they said Yakuza Ishin is likely?

any game in japanese but not in english is likley and up for debate so is winning post 8 2016 which is also not a fanservice game

Ruler said:

any game in japanese but not in english is likley and up for debate so is winning post 8 2016 which is also not a fanservice game

Yeah, I'm not saying otherwise.  I'm just saying that I'd have thought it's more likely that fanservice-heavy games will be targeting because 1) There's no chance of them coming to the west anyway and 2) Most of the data Play-Asia have is for fanservice-heavy titles.

Around the Network

Well I'm sending them my List:

PS Vita
Tales of Innocence R

Digimon World: Next Order

Eve: Burst Error R

The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution

The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Evolution

The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution

Phantasy Star Online 2

Phantasy Star Nova

PS3
Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan!

PS4
Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin!
Ryū ga Gotoku: Kiwami

fisadr90 said:

Well I'm sending them my List:

PS Vita
Tales of Innocence R

Digimon World: Next Order

Eve: Burst Error R

The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution

The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Evolution

The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution

Phantasy Star Online 2

Phantasy Star Nova

PS3
Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan!

PS4
Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin!
Ryū ga Gotoku: Kiwami

Seems like we have something in common! 

Cheers comrade!

Was there any responds from Play-asia how many requests they got?

fisadr90 said:
Was there any responds from Play-asia how many requests they got?

They got over 300 emails in 3 days and god knows how many tweets.

I'll look forward to see if this clear demand helps Play-Asia to persuade some publishers to release their Asian games in Europe and US. For instance Phantasy Star Online 2 already has an English version in Hong Kong. Just release that version over here Sega! X}

Nice to here that:)

Well, Sega has been pretty much useless since 2002....except for maybe Yakuza and some Shining Force games....

I really hope this will have some kind of impact, but unfortunately only time will tell...