By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you play as male or female?

Male or Female?

Male 99 40.08%

Female 64 25.91%

Both 82 33.20%

Other 2 0.81%

Total:247

All depends on the game.

Played Dragon Age as a Female, Mass Effect as a Female, Demon's Souls as a male, White Knight Chronicles as a Male, Wow as a Male.

Im pretty 50/50, i guess it just depends on the game and the character simulators.

Around the Network

Default character always. I hate meddling with character editors. For games with classes, I choose the one with the assault rifle.

Depends from game to game. Usually in MMO's like WoW I prefer playing male characters due to the look of the armor and voices, that changed a bit back in 2012 with Mists of Pandaria when I chose to play a female Pandaren Shaman and Female Orc Hunter.

Most games I'd usually play male but again it can vary depending on how each gender looks/acts.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

d21lewis said:
because it has a "play as a female" section (Nier [...]

I'm struggling to remember any section of Nier you didn't play as Papa Nier. Which was this? Are you sure you're not confusing it with another game?

I don't think I've ever felt truly immersed in a way where I felt I was in the game. Gender would probably not affect my immersion either way.

I prefer female characters.

Around the Network

Depends on how the genders are handled. If armor is armor for dudes but the same armor is a nightgown with holes in it for girls, male. If the female character switches impossibly hard ... in 4 inch heels ... on a battlefield... going male to avoid nonstop eyerolling.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Whatever gets me into the game faster

I'm a man but i like to play as a female in games except in Mass Effect

Used to play male exclusively, but now I alternate between the two. Generally, my first play through is as a male, then female on the second play through.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Male pretty much every time. Only times I can think of where I chose otherwise was AC: Syndicate (unless I was forced to play as Jacob) and Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (played as both for the achievement but played as Kinzie for the rest of the game after I got the achievement)