By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Zelda will move 10m NX consoles "pretty quickly"

pokoko said:
Is Zelda really that popular? 10m "pretty quick"?

Seeing as no Zelda title has ever sold ten million copies ever (much less sold ten million consoles)...

Any amount of skepticism you have is reasonable...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Its hard because people will just buy zelda for the wii u and they would probably wait until nx have some games that interest them

"Pretty quickly" relative to WiiU sales...

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

And there you have it, proof that the NX will fail.

archbrix said:

Yep, Michael Pachter is speaking positive on Zelda BOTW and what it will do for NX sales.  So much for Nintendo's new big game/console.  

In all seriousness though, NX will likely meet or (probably) exceed WiiU's LTD sales in its first year, with Zelda being a major factor.  At least I hope so anyway.

Really? You want the NX to sell 13m units in its first year? A feat that only PS4 and Wii managed so far and to top it off with a game with a dwindling fanbase?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

That's it, Nintendo dead and out of the business, now let me cry please.

Confirmed that NX and Zelda are doomed. :)

Zelda will fail the NX ...

What all of the above said.

Mario and Smash Bros are both bigger sellers than Legend of Zelda and those two combined didn't sell Wii Us. Breath of the Wild is also coming to Wii U which will likely be the cheaper alternative to Nx. Nx might sell well, but I doubt Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is going to help it to do so. If Nintendo comes out with back-to-back game reveals at their Nx event, that could sell Nxs. A library of great looking games. Not just a LoZ game that's also on Wii U.