By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - EU Falling Apart - Consequences?

Hi Guys,

with the today's uncertainty of what happens to the EU regarding the brexit and a possibility of the UK falling apart, because of it. Note: Nothing is set in stone by today.

I want to now what the consequences could be if the EU would fall apart and more states leaving it like a domino effect.

It's just hypothetical and I want it to stay that way.

What are the con's and pro's?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

I don't think thats gonna happen because not only can they see whats happening to the UK now as if the UE crumbled europe would lose relevence in the world. Europe will just be a collection of small irrelevant countries when they aren't united.

I dont think there would be any "pros" to a EU collapseing.

Its like asking "what would happend to Utah, if the USA dissolved into states, and stopped being a country".

(not quite the same, but... you get the idea)

Ka-pi96 said:

TBH if that happened I could see an EU 2.0 popping up within a few decades. Should be able to avoid the mistakes (eg. growing too fast) of the original too. I mean a deal between just the UK, France, Germany, Benelux & Nordic countries would be much stronger than the current EU...

^ this.

If the EU collapses, a new one will be made, out of the countries that want to work together.

It would seem that everyone is leaving everywhere!

http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-news-accidentally-reports-uk-is-leaving-the-united-nations/

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/fox-news-accidentally-reports-uk-is-leaving-the-united-nations/

Hahhahahahahaa....  Fox News.... Seriously has to be one of the worst souces of getting reliable news in the world.

Around the Network

Just to add some more fuel:
These are the things that probably could happen(?):

- Every country would make rules like they want.
-> Has pro and cons: Questionable chemicals in food could be sold. Fracking could be made easily accessible in Europe or not(Currently it is not allowed)

- More expenses for Tourists and more difficult to travel between states.

- Trading could be more difficult due certain regulations.

- Easier to deal with immigrants by not letting them into the country. (Putting up fences and walls around the borders?) Controls at the borders make it also difficult for trading goods. Takes more time. Goods will get overall more expensive for everyone?

- Poor countries have it difficult to grow or maybe it's even more impossible.

- Maybe building Nuclear Power Plants when the feel like it? More Coal plants? No one gives a crap about global warming?

- Cooperation between states against criminals or terroristic groups will be more difficult.

- Increase in racism against immigrants??

- Friendship(?) between states can brake apart.

- The worst I have heard is that a new war can spark.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

there's no falling apart it's just restructuring. also, you never were a full member of the eu if you didn't have the euro. and judging by recent events it looks like no politicians in GB wants to activate article 50 to initiate the exit. wouldn't be surprised if the find a way to exit without exiting in the coming weeks/months.

JRPGfan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Hahhahahahahaa....  Fox News.... Seriously has to be one of the worst souces of getting reliable news in the world.

I know but just like... the UN, the thing that effectively every nation on Earth is a part of, UK wants out! For people in the UK they probably saw this on the news and thought like... fuck sake, so some people didn't understand the vote was to leave Europe, but did I fuck up and accidentally make us leave the United Nations?

I'm not even kidding btw

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-anger-bregret-leave-voters-protest-vote-thought-uk-stay-in-eu-remain-win-a7102516.html

"while some publicly admitted they intended to use a “protest vote” in the belief the UK was certain to remain in the European Union."

They voted thinking it wouldn't happen... as a protest, like messing up the basics right there of how votes work, using it as a threat to do something stupid which you know to be bad, I'm actually amazed at some people this week.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Well if the bigger countries leave then the multitude of smaller countries with debt will be screwed. Like 20 nations are not great contributes due to a not so great economy so if EU falls apart European countries could crumble and a state of war might happen. It could make the middle east look tame and perhaps terrorists could gain a foothold in the smaller countries which would adversely affect the continent and cause chaos. Or it could just be that another union forms? But without the EU a lot of Europe would be in turmoil

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I personally like the theory of the EU even if practically very hard to maintain. I would love an Asian union where I could go to India Afghanistan Iran turkey and other countries in a time of peace of course.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also